Thread poster: Mohammad Ghaffari
Mohammad Ghaffari
Mohammad Ghaffari  Identity Verified
Member (2019)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Aug 22, 2017

Hello colleagues,

I am trying Memsource trial edition to see if it's better for out my collaborative translation projects or not. But I just encountered a strange situation 10 minutes after creating my first assumed project there. I added several XML files as parts of a project, but Memsource segmentation is different from Trados'. It doesn't show tags; instead, wherever it should use a tag, Memsource has a segmentation break.

For example, this is a segment of the file
... See more
Hello colleagues,

I am trying Memsource trial edition to see if it's better for out my collaborative translation projects or not. But I just encountered a strange situation 10 minutes after creating my first assumed project there. I added several XML files as parts of a project, but Memsource segmentation is different from Trados'. It doesn't show tags; instead, wherever it should use a tag, Memsource has a segmentation break.

For example, this is a segment of the file A.xml in Trados:
1. This page is for testing the {TAG} only.

But in Memsource, it's like this:
1. This page is for testing the
2. only.

Is there any way to fix it?
Collapse

Mohammad Ghaffari
Mohammad Ghaffari  Identity Verified
Member (2019)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Aug 23, 2017

Found the solution by adding the tags manually.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Memsource doesn't show tags of XML files

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »