Elena McDonnell (X)
Elena McDonnell (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:55
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 17, 2007

Dear friends,

I know this has been discussed before, but I have tried everything it seems, but it still won't work. Please help - I'll appreciate any advice.

Sympthoms:

-Trying to activate the Multiterm template in Word causes a run-time error and Word crashes
-The drop-down menues for either Trados or Multiterm are not showing on top in Word
-Multiterm tool bar is not showing
-Terminology Recognition Options>Multiterm 7 causes (-21474672
... See more
Dear friends,

I know this has been discussed before, but I have tried everything it seems, but it still won't work. Please help - I'll appreciate any advice.

Sympthoms:

-Trying to activate the Multiterm template in Word causes a run-time error and Word crashes
-The drop-down menues for either Trados or Multiterm are not showing on top in Word
-Terminology Recognition Options>Multiterm 7 causes (-2147467259): Unspecified error

What I tried:
-Reinstalling Multiterm and deleting the MtMaster.mdb
-doing everything with my Internet Security off
-reinstalling the .NET files
-refreshing templates in Word

What else should I try?
Thank you!
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:55
English to German
+ ...
Which versions? Oct 17, 2007

Hi Elena,
Please help us to help you, as stated on the posting form for this forum:

When asking for help, make sure that you:
- indicate the file format(s) involved
- specify each software package that is relevant to your posting, identifying the version with the *full* version number
- describe the step(s) or process(es) which have triggered the problem.
This will help others to help you.

Given that a runtime error is involved, please also quote the JRE (Java Runtime Environment) version you're using. (You can find this in the Software panel of your system settings.)

Thanks, Ralf

Mark Gallacher
Mark Gallacher
Denmark
Danish to English
Install the latest Java on your computer Oct 17, 2007

Hi Elena,

try installing the latest version of JAVA on your computer. You can download it for free on the net.

mark

Elena McDonnell wrote:

Dear friends,

Sympthoms:

-Terminology Recognition Options>Multiterm 7 causes (-2147467259): Unspecified error

What I tried:
-Reinstalling Multiterm and deleting the MtMaster.mdb
-doing everything with my Internet Security off
-reinstalling the .NET files
-refreshing templates in Word

What else should I try?
Thank you!

Elena McDonnell (X)
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 17, 2007

Dear Ralf,
Thank you very much for your response! Sorry that I didn't mention the versions. I am using Windows XP, MS Office 2003, Trados 2007, Multiterm 7.
Since last night the situation changed slightly: now the Multiterm task bar and drop-down menues are showing in Word (still no drop-down menue for Trados though). But it still give me a run-time error (424 this time) when I try to select a termbase. "Term Recognition Options" in Tr. Workbench still won't let me pick Multiterm 7,
... See more
Dear Ralf,
Thank you very much for your response! Sorry that I didn't mention the versions. I am using Windows XP, MS Office 2003, Trados 2007, Multiterm 7.
Since last night the situation changed slightly: now the Multiterm task bar and drop-down menues are showing in Word (still no drop-down menue for Trados though). But it still give me a run-time error (424 this time) when I try to select a termbase. "Term Recognition Options" in Tr. Workbench still won't let me pick Multiterm 7, it causes "Unspecified error".
I am using Java 2 Runtime Environment, maybe I'll try reinstalling. Any other ideas?
Thank you!
Collapse

Elena McDonnell (X)
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 17, 2007

Thank you, Mark.
I am using Java 2 Runtime Environment - not sure if it's the latest one - I will check.

mark gallacher wrote:

Hi Elena,

try installing the latest version of JAVA on your computer. You can download it for free on the net.

mark

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 17:55
French to English
+ ...
Try deleting MultiTerm7dot.xml Oct 20, 2007

Go to
C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Trados\MultiTerm
and delete MultiTerm7dot.xml.

Sometimes this solves Word/MultiTerm interface problems. In any case, the xml file will regenerate itself.
HTH,
Sandra

Andrey Pavlov (X)
Andrey Pavlov (X)
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:55
English to Russian
I have the same problem Oct 23, 2007

I use MS Word 2003, Java 1.6.0.3, Trados 7, MultiTerm 7.
If somebody know how to solve this problem please post hear.

[Редактировалось 2007-10-23 20:19]

Jussi Rosti
Jussi Rosti  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:55
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Install MultiTerm 2007 Oct 26, 2007

I just managed to overcome the same issue.

It seems to me it rooted in the fact that I had installed Trados 2007, but still had the earlier MT version.

Uninstall MT and then install MT 2007. It will automatically migrate your termbases and projects, too.

Hilde Granlund
Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Did you fix it? Oct 28, 2007

I have the same versions and the same problem.
The strangest thing is that it worked fine before. I tried reinstalling multiterm, which did not help at all.
Word does not crash here, however - I just cannot open any termbases at all.
I get en "unspecified error" just like you do.

Kai Zimmermann
Kai Zimmermann  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Russian to German
+ ...
Registering both applications Nov 17, 2007

I had the same problem (error -2147467259 when trying to switch on the terminology recognition in Trados Workbench). Re-registering both Multiterm and Trados solved the problem. I used the SelfRegister command which is a batch command file found in the respective applciation directories (for Trados in .../Trados/TT). After that I first opened Multiterm and activated the term base and then Workbench and activated the term recognition. I am using SDL Trados 2007 with SDL Multiterm 2007 but I had t... See more
I had the same problem (error -2147467259 when trying to switch on the terminology recognition in Trados Workbench). Re-registering both Multiterm and Trados solved the problem. I used the SelfRegister command which is a batch command file found in the respective applciation directories (for Trados in .../Trados/TT). After that I first opened Multiterm and activated the term base and then Workbench and activated the term recognition. I am using SDL Trados 2007 with SDL Multiterm 2007 but I had the same problem once with one of the former Trados versions so this solution should not depend on the version.

Best regards
Kai
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm won't work with Word

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »