Lian Pang  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:12
Member (2018)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 19, 2018

Hey everyone !

I am new to ProZ, and have only recently beginning to consider and establish seriously as a freelance translator. Before this I have mostly been a in-house translator. So I'd say I am not too familiar with the freelance end of the industry.

There are restricted jobs that require credentials for the reported language pairs. It is frustrating really sometimes, because I hold a bachelor degree in russian philology and Masters in English philology, but my c
... See more
Hey everyone !

I am new to ProZ, and have only recently beginning to consider and establish seriously as a freelance translator. Before this I have mostly been a in-house translator. So I'd say I am not too familiar with the freelance end of the industry.

There are restricted jobs that require credentials for the reported language pairs. It is frustrating really sometimes, because I hold a bachelor degree in russian philology and Masters in English philology, but my credentials are categorized as monolingual. I didn't pursue a degree specifically in translation, because it's mainly about translation theories rather than practice. Nor did I have any time to prepare and sit a translation exam.

What do I do folks ? Should I pursue certification in ITI ? Should I apply for a PROZ verification ? Or do I just ignore such restricted jobs?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language Pair TRANSLATION credentials ?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »