Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Best Laptop keyboard - any recommandations ?
Thread poster: Bertrand Malingrey
Germaine
Germaine  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:18
English to French
+ ...
Thank you... May 9, 2011

Bertrand Malingrey wrote:

Because on laptops without a numpad (therefore not 102 keys), the é,à, è keys are shared with the numbers, so you need to use shift to get an accent. That represents an unacceptable increase of the "use of pinky finger per sentence" ratio

...for explaining. I can't see this since my laptop (HP) has these keys and the number keys are shared with other symbols (! / $ % &, etc.)

Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:18
Italian to English
USB May 9, 2011

I agree with all of you who said adding a USB keyboard (the real McCoy). But there is something else to note. I bought a laptop not too long ago. It is notmy main computer, just a back-up and for those few times I'm out of the office so it is not a real problem. However, take a look at how many USB ports the computer has and WHERE they are located. Mine are all on the side (in my previous laptop they were on the back) and having them there is really annoying, particularly if you want to use a mo... See more
I agree with all of you who said adding a USB keyboard (the real McCoy). But there is something else to note. I bought a laptop not too long ago. It is notmy main computer, just a back-up and for those few times I'm out of the office so it is not a real problem. However, take a look at how many USB ports the computer has and WHERE they are located. Mine are all on the side (in my previous laptop they were on the back) and having them there is really annoying, particularly if you want to use a mouse as well (like I do) and maybe a wireless internet connection. I am really sorry I didn't look for these features when I bought.
Eileen
Collapse

RPD1001
RPD1001  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:18
Spanish to English
Best keyboard (mac-like) for a desktop PC Jun 4, 2015

I dislike my present keyboard for my desktop PC. I want to trash it and buy a better keyboard.

I like the keyboard on my MacBook Air, the "feel" is great. What is the closest to this "feel" available for the PC.

Bertrand Malingrey
Bertrand Malingrey  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:18
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Try an Apple Jun 4, 2015

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823101012

The Apple keyboard will work on PC, although some keys such as the Windows and Alt, etc. keys may need to be re-programmed.

This can be done with a useful and free software such as Clav
... See more
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823101012

The Apple keyboard will work on PC, although some keys such as the Windows and Alt, etc. keys may need to be re-programmed.

This can be done with a useful and free software such as Clavier+ http://utilfr42.free.fr/util/Clavier.php?sLang=en
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best Laptop keyboard - any recommandations ?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »