Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:04
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
May 27, 2011

I noticed that some laptop is almost 400 Euro cheaper when bought from a German on.line store than from a Finnish one. If the Windows 7 is German, will I get problems with a Finnish Office version? Long time ago I installed a German Word over a Finnish Win98, and it was a mess. Perhaps things have changed?

Please share your opinion/experiences.
Regards
Heinrich

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:04
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Spanish / English May 27, 2011

I can't advise on your language combination, but I run Windows 7 in Spanish on my laptop (it was preinstalled), and I have Office 2010 in English.

No conflicts, no mess.

The only thing that took a bit of getting used to was remembering that some shortcuts differ, e.g., "select all" is Ctrl+A in my English Office and Ctrl+E in my Spanish Windows. Luckily Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V is the same in both languages!

Edited to say that I've just remembered that I installed
... See more
I can't advise on your language combination, but I run Windows 7 in Spanish on my laptop (it was preinstalled), and I have Office 2010 in English.

No conflicts, no mess.

The only thing that took a bit of getting used to was remembering that some shortcuts differ, e.g., "select all" is Ctrl+A in my English Office and Ctrl+E in my Spanish Windows. Luckily Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V is the same in both languages!

Edited to say that I've just remembered that I installed a Spanish Office on an English Windows about 10 years ago and, you're right, the machine got quite confused. I think I ended up having to reformat the whole machine.

[Edited at 2011-05-27 19:07 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

German laptop and scandinavian Office?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »