Graphics board with dual dvi - passive cooling?
Thread poster: Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:49
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Sep 12, 2011

Dear all,

I'm trying to find a graphics board for my computer (Win7, 64bit) that has two dvi outputs, which not many seem to have. At the moment, I have connected the second monitor to the vga port, and the quality of course is a lot worse than with dvi. Since my first and second monitor are the same brand and model, I'm hoping to have an identical picture quality after connecting both via dvi.

So, can anyone recommend a decent dual dvi graphics adapter? I'd very much p
... See more
Dear all,

I'm trying to find a graphics board for my computer (Win7, 64bit) that has two dvi outputs, which not many seem to have. At the moment, I have connected the second monitor to the vga port, and the quality of course is a lot worse than with dvi. Since my first and second monitor are the same brand and model, I'm hoping to have an identical picture quality after connecting both via dvi.

So, can anyone recommend a decent dual dvi graphics adapter? I'd very much prefer one with passive cooling - no high-end 3d graphic power required.

Many thanks in advance,
kind regards,
Erik
Collapse

Steve Booth
Steve Booth  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:49
English to Arabic
+ ...
not nvidia Sep 12, 2011

I have an nvidia geforce 9600Gt which has two dvi outputs

That was the reason i went for it because unless i wanted to spend big bucks on a graphics card with performance i didn't really need there wasn't much choice.

However, I can't say i recommend it as i have had nothing but problems with it
It constantly resets itself which is a pain and having sort advice from a computer expert he said that Nvidia are known not to be very good with windows 7 64 bit.
... See more
I have an nvidia geforce 9600Gt which has two dvi outputs

That was the reason i went for it because unless i wanted to spend big bucks on a graphics card with performance i didn't really need there wasn't much choice.

However, I can't say i recommend it as i have had nothing but problems with it
It constantly resets itself which is a pain and having sort advice from a computer expert he said that Nvidia are known not to be very good with windows 7 64 bit.

I am certainly on the look out for a new one and have even considered dropping to one with only one dvi and one vga

So sorry can't be of much help to you but i will keep a track of this thread see if anyone comes up with a good alternative

Steve
Collapse

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:49
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Matrox? Sep 12, 2011

I have had a Matrox card since G450 (some ten years ago), but then the quality was unparalleled - especially for desktop display.

I have found one card that might be interesting for you:

http://www.pcsilent.de/en-pd-matrox-g550-pci-express-passive-cooling-dual-head-dualhead-dvi-84.html

I suppose you
... See more
I have had a Matrox card since G450 (some ten years ago), but then the quality was unparalleled - especially for desktop display.

I have found one card that might be interesting for you:

http://www.pcsilent.de/en-pd-matrox-g550-pci-express-passive-cooling-dual-head-dualhead-dvi-84.html

I suppose you should check out some reviews, though.

EDIT:

Sorry, I had my links mixed up...

Check out the Matrox site - it seems there are more PCIe cards with passive cooling.

[Edited at 2011-09-12 15:26 GMT]
Collapse

MartinPorto
MartinPorto  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:49
French to English
+ ...
Matrox Sep 12, 2011

In my twenty years using and building my own computers, for many years now I have been using Matrox as I have since I can remember used two monitors, NEVER have I had any problems whatsoever with Matrox, Since Windows NT, 95, 2000, XP, and Vista business.
I will always use them, four of my current machines have a Matrox in them, need I say more!

http://www.matrox.com/en/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Graphics board with dual dvi - passive cooling?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »