Germany
Local time: 06:13
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Rental Apr 30, 2017

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

On a new machine you have at least a year guaranty. In your case I would rent a machine or pay in installments. At least here dealers through everything at you saying buy now, pay next year.

yes, maybe next time - I already have this notebook now and it is tons better than my last one, so this is an improvement anyway. Buy now pay later doesn't exist here BTW: I have one year guaranty as well with the used notebook. Hve bought it from a company, not a private person.

Thanks!

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 06:13
English to German
Leasing pros & cons Apr 30, 2017

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth wrote:

(...) she leases all her hardware as you are then able to afford top-notch products at an affordable monthly amount.
quote]

Most people who do that buy just a C but not a PC. They don't ever configure anything, they don't become familiar with technology options, they cannot modify anything, they cannot decide freely what to do if the main disk crashes, ...

The advantage of this is you can offset the leasing amount every month

This might be an advantage or an disadvantage. It's an arithmetical problem. Nowadays interest rates are very slow ...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need an inexpensive notebook

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »