Thread poster: Chris Gordon
Chris Gordon
Chris Gordon
Italy
Local time: 20:21
French to English
+ ...
Mar 11, 2020

I'm setting up in Italy having recently moved from the UK (good timing!); I received a quote for professional indemnity insurance (Responsabilità Civile per l'attività professionale) from the local office of UnipolSai (AITI's recommended insurance partner for RC) for €1.300, which seems excessive. Does anyone have other recommendations?

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Welcome to Italy! ;) Mar 11, 2020

Hi Chris,

I could never find here anything similar to what is available in UK and elsewhere. A couple of years ago, I asked a few companies and wrote here on proz and, after a few unreasonable and/or confused replies, my conclusion was that the market for this did not exhist here. I would be curious to know if you can find anything usable now. My advise is to read the fine prints extremely carefully.

Best wishes,
Luca

Chris Gordon
Chris Gordon
Italy
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Grazie mille! Mar 11, 2020

Ciao Luca,

Thanks. Although I have heard it say that no UK-based freelance translator has ever been sued for professional negligence, there can always be a first time and it seems there is a mature market for this type of insurance in the UK. If I turn up anything decent in Italy, I'll post the information here.

Grazie mille, Chris

Luca Tutino wrote:

Hi Chris,

I could never find here anything similar to what is available in UK and elsewhere. A couple of years ago, I asked a few companies and wrote here on proz and, after a few unreasonable and/or confused replies, my conclusion was that the market for this did not exhist here. I would be curious to know if you can find anything usable now. My advise is to read the fine prints extremely carefully.

Best wishes,
Luca

Mariella Bonelli
Mariella Bonelli  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
Buongiorno Chris Mar 12, 2020

Scrivimi in privato. Io e la mia collega abbiamo trovato un ottimo compromesso. Ti posso mettere direttamente in contatto con la società assicurativa.

Chris Gordon

George Young
George Young  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:21
Member (2012)
French to English
+ ...
Details of the policy? Mar 31, 2020

Hi Chris,

Did you sign up for the insurance policy you found through Unipol Sai? Do you have any details?

My wife is looking for a similar insurance for a different industry but it struggling because she's not registered on any "albo" that Italian insurers recognise. She's also looking to work for a client in the UK, which may present Brexit-related issues.

Thanks in advance,

George (Trento)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Professional Indemnity Insurance / Assicurazione RC professionale

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »