István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
Local time: 17:29
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 12, 2009

Hi,

Kilgray will organize its first user conference, the MemoQFest in Budapest, Hungary between 22-24 April. The venue will be Hotel Benczúr, the same hotel where the ProZ conference was organized by Csaba Bán in 2007. The event will be a great opportunity to meet fellow translators, LSPs and enterprises and share your thoughts - and we try to make it fun too with lots of interesting activities.

Please look here:
... See more
Hi,

Kilgray will organize its first user conference, the MemoQFest in Budapest, Hungary between 22-24 April. The venue will be Hotel Benczúr, the same hotel where the ProZ conference was organized by Csaba Bán in 2007. The event will be a great opportunity to meet fellow translators, LSPs and enterprises and share your thoughts - and we try to make it fun too with lots of interesting activities.

Please look here:
http://www.memoqfest.org/

Regards,
István
Collapse

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Program posted Feb 7, 2009

Hi,

This is just to let you know that we posted the program under http://www.memoqfest.org. The highlights for the freelancers include:

- the minimum translation workshop held by Angela Starkmann-Lehr,
- a terminology workshop by Douglas McCarthy,
- a MemoQ masterclass and a regular expressions workshop with Gábor Ugray,
- translation challenges and translation envir
... See more
Hi,

This is just to let you know that we posted the program under http://www.memoqfest.org. The highlights for the freelancers include:

- the minimum translation workshop held by Angela Starkmann-Lehr,
- a terminology workshop by Douglas McCarthy,
- a MemoQ masterclass and a regular expressions workshop with Gábor Ugray,
- translation challenges and translation environment tools by Juliet Macan,
- and a presentation on the brave new post-trados world by Jost Zetzsche.

There will also be many fun activities like a Danube cruise and a gala dinner.

I hope to see many of you here.

István
Collapse

Ellen Singer
Ellen Singer  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
MemoQfest - interesting and friendly Apr 26, 2009

Dear translators,

I was at MemoQfest where I enjoyed myself, learned a few new things and met interesting people!

The speakers were translators, LSP, customers or software vendors, i.e. people who knew what they were on about and limited themselves to what they knew best. The audience was expected to interact and did. There were jokes, inside jokes and general jokes, and the atmosphere was nice and friendly.

If the social programme had been posted, the orga
... See more
Dear translators,

I was at MemoQfest where I enjoyed myself, learned a few new things and met interesting people!

The speakers were translators, LSP, customers or software vendors, i.e. people who knew what they were on about and limited themselves to what they knew best. The audience was expected to interact and did. There were jokes, inside jokes and general jokes, and the atmosphere was nice and friendly.

If the social programme had been posted, the organizers would have had more time to relax.... but all in all, a job very well done!

Go next year if you can!

Ellen (Singer)
AzTech Solutions
The Netherlands

PS I do not currently have MemoQ but will probably buy it soon.

PPS I am not usually this positive.... (If you doubt this, read my postings on the London conference last year...)
Collapse

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:29
German to English
+ ...
Amazingly good Apr 26, 2009

I am also still just "testing" MemoQ, as I am a long-time DVX user unwilling to give up certain features. However, the planned program was interesting enough that I decided to go for a closer look, especially given the fast pace of development at Kilgray. A year ago I basically told a customer to take a long walk off a short pier when I was asked to use MemoQ for a big project, but the improvements in that year together with the discovery that I can reconfigure all the keyboard shortcuts to work... See more
I am also still just "testing" MemoQ, as I am a long-time DVX user unwilling to give up certain features. However, the planned program was interesting enough that I decided to go for a closer look, especially given the fast pace of development at Kilgray. A year ago I basically told a customer to take a long walk off a short pier when I was asked to use MemoQ for a big project, but the improvements in that year together with the discovery that I can reconfigure all the keyboard shortcuts to work like they do in another TEnT tool have pretty much eliminated my objections.

Seeing the conference attendees (some of whom are what I consider to be "heavy artillery" in the SDL/Trados world) and seeing first-hand the competence of the Kilgray team has convinced me that MemoQ will play a significant role in the future and that it is a technology that will probably play a big role in my work very soon. I will be purchasing at least one license very soon, and after seeing the horrendous upgrade and new license prices for a certain other company, I would encourage everyone to take a careful look at the latest version of MemoQ (3.5).

Edited to add:

Aside from the technology, the MemoQ Fest was worthwhile in many other ways. I've fallen in love with the city of Budapest, but the best of all was the people. It was a fun, friendly group, and I had a splendid time with all of them.

[Edited at 2009-04-26 20:17 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQFest - registration open

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »