Arkadi Burkov
Arkadi Burkov  Identity Verified
Belarus
Local time: 04:09
English to Russian
May 14, 2009

Hello everyone

I would greatly appreciate your help with two questions:

1. Can I scale up the fonts used for the target and source segments and fix them at the selected value?
2. Can simply I highlight the parts I want to revisit later rather than leave a comment?

Thank you

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:09
English to French
Ideas May 15, 2009

1. Go to Tools menu>Appearence/locations category
2. Marking segments can probably be done using the Find/replace feature. Otherwise you use Enter only so that the semgnt is not confirmed, then use Edit>GotoNext settings to browse through unconfirmed segments at the end.

Hope it helps,
Philippe

Arkadi Burkov
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
one more question:) May 15, 2009

Philippe Etienne wrote:

1. Go to Tools menu>Appearence/locations category
2. Marking segments can probably be done using the Find/replace feature. Otherwise you use Enter only so that the semgnt is not confirmed, then use Edit>GotoNext settings to browse through unconfirmed segments at the end.

Hope it helps,
Philippe

Hi Etienne

Many thanks for your help:)
One more question, if you allow me. Currently MQ doesn't fill the target segment with matches (I have to use ctrl+space to get the match). What can I do about it?

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:09
English to French
Pre-translate and Autopropagate May 15, 2009

Arkadi Burkov wrote:
...Currently MQ doesn't fill the target segment with matches (I have to use ctrl+space to get the match). What can I do about it?

Translation menu>Pre-translate, then set the appropriate settings to your liking.
In the Tools menu, click Autopropagation and set the suitable settings.

I will try to find a video introduction to MemoQ, it was very interesting and free, but I can't remember where I viewed it. I will post the link if I find it.

A very serious alternative to Trados if you ask me.
Enjoy,
Philippe

Edit: some useful resources:
Video on introduction and tips (hosted by proz.com):
http://www.fliqz.com/aspx/permalinkblank.aspx?vid=072e39c8b9bbe61e55fe182ef15955e8
An old getting started guide
http://www.kilgray.com/memoq/MemoQGettingStarted_EN.pdf
An upcoming free webinar on proz
http://www.proz.com/webinars/1642

[Edited at 2009-05-15 18:06 GMT]

Arkadi Burkov
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again:) May 15, 2009

I will try to find a video introduction to MemoQ, it was very interesting and free, but I can't remember where I viewed it. I will post the link if I find it.

Great!

A very serious alternative to Trados if you ask me.

That's true. Fantastic software. I am seriously thinking of switching to it from my current major CAT tool, which is Trados.

[Edited at 2009-05-15 18:09 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fonts and Comment Feature

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »