Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:53
French to Polish
+ ...
Sep 4, 2009

As above

Quoting Kilgray:

DOCX filter: Process, handle and translate Microsoft Office Word 2007 files. Reorder tags as you like and treat footnotes and cross-references like a charm. Quickly and easily.
Plain text import from PDF files: Got most of your reference
... See more
As above

Quoting Kilgray:

DOCX filter: Process, handle and translate Microsoft Office Word 2007 files. Reorder tags as you like and treat footnotes and cross-references like a charm. Quickly and easily.
Plain text import from PDF files: Got most of your reference documents in PDF format? You don't need to worry about this any more. With memoQ 3.6 you can import PDF files for alignment and build a translation memory without difficult conversion processes.
x64 platform support: No more Windows version dependency. memoQ is now available for 64-bit Windows users also.
Automatic insertion of the best hit: when you enter a new segment, the best translation hit will be inserted automatically. Get ready to speed up!
Term base hits shown in order of appearance: optionally, TB hits can be displayed in order of appearance, not only in alphabetical order.
Concordance window can remain open while editing translation. Don't waste your time reopening the concordance window from time to time.
Shortcut to insert fragment assembled hits: we added a new keyboard shortcut which makes fragment assembly insertion as easy as pie.
Local projects can be stored safely on a shared network drive: now you don't need to save your memoQ projects on your local machine. With version 3.6 you can work on network drives without conflicts

You should download the setup file directly from Kilgray website (no automatic updates for a moment).

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2009-09-04 10:07 GMT]
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great! Sep 5, 2009

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:
Automatic insertion of the best hit: when you enter a new segment, the best translation hit will be inserted automatically. Get ready to speed up!
Term base hits shown in order of appearance: optionally, TB hits can be displayed in order of appearance, not only in alphabetical order.
Concordance window can remain open while editing translation. Don't waste your time reopening the concordance window from time to time.
Local projects can be stored safely on a shared network drive: now you don't need to save your memoQ projects on your local machine. With version 3.6 you can work on network drives without conflicts[/i]

Smashing. Reading the fora about MemoQ and seeing the videos I was concerned about these exact things. I am really eager to find a couple of free hours to test the tool with my bigger and more complex files and see how it behaves.

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
Numerals? Oct 26, 2009

Yes, I tried all these options, they are very helpful. Your team produce very good results.
But one question - do you plan to add one feature - disable/enable segmenting of numerals to provide complete compatibility with Trados? I understand your policy about numerals and generally agree with it but sometimes it is really necessary to make a choice.

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
English to Hungarian
numbers vs segmentation Oct 27, 2009

Dear Michael,

Michael Popov wrote:

Yes, I tried all these options, they are very helpful. Your team produce very good results.
But one question - do you plan to add one feature - disable/enable segmenting of numerals to provide complete compatibility with Trados? I understand your policy about numerals and generally agree with it but sometimes it is really necessary to make a choice.

No, I don't think we will ever allow numbers to be "skipped" like in TagEditor. We are confident that it was a very worng design decision in the "old" Trados, which has been reversed in Trados Studio by the way. And I don't understand how this would affect compatibility. It affects wordcounts, but wordcounts are quite different anyway between the two tools. Or any two tools for that matter.

BR,
Gergely

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
English to Hungarian
workarounds exist though Oct 27, 2009

It's quite easy to create a view of all your documents, which will contain all the segmnents from all of the documents. You can sort that alpahbetically and quickly process and lock all the number only segments.

You can also set up autotranslatable rules to convert the number formats to the target language euqivalent.

You can also use styles or hidden text in Word documents to mark the parts you don't want to get imported into the memoQ translation document.

... See more
It's quite easy to create a view of all your documents, which will contain all the segmnents from all of the documents. You can sort that alpahbetically and quickly process and lock all the number only segments.

You can also set up autotranslatable rules to convert the number formats to the target language euqivalent.

You can also use styles or hidden text in Word documents to mark the parts you don't want to get imported into the memoQ translation document.

BR,
Gergely
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 3.6 unleashed :)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »