Can't load open office org to project
Thread poster: bomo5
bomo5
bomo5
English
Oct 22, 2009

Hi, brand new to machine translators and Memoq 2. I am trying to start a new project and import a translation document but without success. Using open office org documents. Appreciate any advice, thanks

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
Local time: 10:48
English to Russian
+ ...
What kind of documents? Oct 23, 2009

What document you want to load into MemoQ? ODF or DOC?

It looks like MemoQ doesn't support ODF files, at least, there is no filter for this. Try to save document into DOC format and import it into MemoQ

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Upgrade Oct 23, 2009

Hi,
although I'm far from being a MemoQ guru, I think MQ 2 does not support OpenOffice files. Upgrade to the latest version of MemoQ.

bomo5
bomo5
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for replying Oct 23, 2009

Thanks for posting. I really just wanted to try out the free version and then upgrade. I have created some docs in open office and saved them in doc format but memoq 2 shows an error when I try to upload. I guess that I can try a newer version for a limited time to try out memoq.

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
English to Hungarian
some quick facts Oct 23, 2009

-MemoQ is not a machine translation tool. It's a translation environment.

-ODF is not supported by memoQ, and DOC files aren't either if you don't have MS Office installed. You could save the document to RTF format, that is supported without Office installed. The new XML based format of Word 2007 (DOCX) is also supported without Office installed.

-If you download the latest version of memoQ, you get a fully functional Translator Pro edition for a trial period of 45 days
... See more
-MemoQ is not a machine translation tool. It's a translation environment.

-ODF is not supported by memoQ, and DOC files aren't either if you don't have MS Office installed. You could save the document to RTF format, that is supported without Office installed. The new XML based format of Word 2007 (DOCX) is also supported without Office installed.

-If you download the latest version of memoQ, you get a fully functional Translator Pro edition for a trial period of 45 days.

-For evaluating without Office, I suggest translating some web pages (HTML files). This way, you get to try the real time preview function, which is a major strength of memoQ. (With DOC, DOCX, or RTF, you only get a preview with Office installed.)

Best regards,

Gergely Vandor
Kilgray
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't load open office org to project

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »