Thread poster: Annamaria Amik
Annamaria Amik
Annamaria Amik  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:43
Romanian to English
+ ...
Sep 1, 2014

Dear colleagues,

I'm having a tag error in MemoQ 2013 R2 and I'm in urgent need of help. Kilgray support hasn't answered my inquiry for a few days now (other than asking for some files, which I sent them promptly).

I am working with an Excel file which I exported in bilingual RTF for a colleague to translate. Translation properly done, nothing touched that shouldn't have been touched. I CAN import it back into MemoQ without any error messages, but instead of the tags I
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I'm having a tag error in MemoQ 2013 R2 and I'm in urgent need of help. Kilgray support hasn't answered my inquiry for a few days now (other than asking for some files, which I sent them promptly).

I am working with an Excel file which I exported in bilingual RTF for a colleague to translate. Translation properly done, nothing touched that shouldn't have been touched. I CAN import it back into MemoQ without any error messages, but instead of the tags I had before, now I have "mq:it" tags which cause an error: "02007: Tag "mq:it" is not defined in the document's configuration". I can't resolve them and I can't ignore them and they won't let me export the file back to Excel.

I've had this error before once (the only time I tried to export a file to RTF and back to MQ) and back then I could work around it by copying the translated column into my original RTF export. But this time it's not working.

What I tried without any success:
Removing the tags from the source column doesn't help.
Importing the RTF with "Tags must have mqInternal style" checked or unchecked.
Importing it as new or updating the project.

Thanks for any help!

Anna
Collapse

Veronique Parente

Anthony Veretyuk
Anthony Veretyuk
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:43
English to Russian
+ ...
Tag problem Sep 1, 2014

Hello.
Did you try to Ctrl+A your RTF, then CLEAR FORMATTING and then try to import it into MemoQ?
Hope that could help.

Regards, Tony.

Annamaria Amik
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clear formatting doesn't help Sep 1, 2014

Thanks, Tony, but clearing the formatting didn't help. It's not a Word/RTF formatting issue, but a MQ tag problem.

Sandberg
Sandberg
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:43
Member (2002)
test in 2014? Sep 3, 2014

Have you had the chance to test this in memoQ 2014? I have seen cases of Word files in memoQ 2014 with similar MQ internal tagging that is flagged in QA, and also prevents delivery, but the files nevertheless export OK.

I'm afraid I have no experience in how the said tags behave in 2013 R2.

Would be very nice to hear from Kilgray on this issue in more detail.
_
Elina @ STP

Annamaria Amik
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Haven't tried 2014 yet Sep 3, 2014

STP Nordic wrote:

Have you had the chance to test this in memoQ 2014? I have seen cases of Word files in memoQ 2014 with similar MQ internal tagging that is flagged in QA, and also prevents delivery, but the files nevertheless export OK.

I'm afraid I have no experience in how the said tags behave in 2013 R2.

Would be very nice to hear from Kilgray on this issue in more detail.
_
Elina @ STP

Elina, thanks for your suggestion.
I haven't tried 2014 yet. While waiting for Kilgray's response to my error report, I tried a few things to reproduce the error, but so far I have this:

- I get the same tag problem even if I import a bilingual RTF I had translated for someone a while ago before I even had MemoQ.
- I get the same tag problem even if I re-import my own RTF export (not edited by anyone!) if I download it from my mailbox.
- Can't export the translation even if I first remove the problematic tags.

The only thing that works is keeping the RTF file in the same folder and copying any edits into the same file.

It seems that opening the RTF outside my own MemoQ application does something to the tags.
I'll keep you posted about Kilgray's reply.

indiralena
indiralena
Spain
Local time: 22:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Did you get a reply from Kilgray? Aug 17, 2016

Hi Annamaria!

Did you have any luck with this issue? I am experiencing the same problem and tried all the solutions described by you (with no luck)....

Thanks in advance!

Indira.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Just a guess Aug 18, 2016

Check if the target tags look exactly the same as in the source column (including their color). MT engines may modify tags so that they stop to act as tags but still look like tags.
If you apply Google translation (or maybe other MT), tag color turns black. Even if you re-color them back, memoQ won't recognize them correctly.
If this is the reason, remove all tags before exporting the file to rtf (after you copy all source to target, select all target, ctrl+f8) and then add them manu
... See more
Check if the target tags look exactly the same as in the source column (including their color). MT engines may modify tags so that they stop to act as tags but still look like tags.
If you apply Google translation (or maybe other MT), tag color turns black. Even if you re-color them back, memoQ won't recognize them correctly.
If this is the reason, remove all tags before exporting the file to rtf (after you copy all source to target, select all target, ctrl+f8) and then add them manually as they appear through the text.

Another guess (less reliable) is that you export your rtf from 2013 and then translate it in an older version.

[Edited at 2016-08-18 18:26 GMT]
Collapse

boostrer
boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:43
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Don't worry Aug 24, 2016

If you are working on a bilingual MemoQ table, just ignore these errors.

Annamaria Amik
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
mq:it Aug 25, 2016

boostrer wrote:

Actually, you can't just ignore them if you have to export the clean translation. Not sure if they cause any problems if you want to export a bilingual, though.

I noticed this error only when working from a bilingual created by someone else OR when "reimporting" a bilingual created by me after changing anything in my own copy of the file.

@Stepan
This is not a matter of inconsistency of tags between source and target column. When this happens, the tags are "wrong" in the source column, as well. As I said above, this happens only when I have changed something in my own copy of the file I previously exported into a bilingual and then I try reimporting it.

boostrer
boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:43
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Still don't worry Aug 26, 2016

Annamaria Amik wrote:

boostrer wrote:

Actually, you can't just ignore them if you have to export the clean translation. Not sure if they cause any problems if you want to export a bilingual, though.

I noticed this error only when working from a bilingual created by someone else OR when "reimporting" a bilingual created by me after changing anything in my own copy of the file.

You cannot create the final target file if you are working in bilingual table - the agency will use the actual source file to create the target based on your bilingual table.

The "tags" in these tables only mark the location of the actual tags. These "tags" are empty, and this is exactly what the message about "mq:it tag" says. The error message you were talking about appears only when you are working on such a table. It is normal, just ignore such messages.

Annamaria Amik
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Impossible errors Aug 27, 2016

boostrer wrote:

You cannot create the final target file if you are working in bilingual table - the agency will use the actual source file to create the target based on your bilingual table.

The "tags" in these tables only mark the location of the actual tags. These "tags" are empty, and this is exactly what the message about "mq:it tag" says. The error message you were talking about appears only when you are working on such a table. It is normal, just ignore such messages.

I don't think you read my original post, or perhaps I wasn't clear. I was the "agency" that had to create the target and I couldn't because of these tags - a colleague worked on the translation in the rtf I created, then I deleted the original file in MQ, relying just on the bilingual rtf I sent him. And this was the problem, as far as I can tell, I shouldn't have deleted my copy in MQ.
Doesn't matter now, but thanks for your thoughts.

Gloriana Cocozza Garro
Gloriana Cocozza Garro
Spain
Local time: 22:43
Member (2021)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have the same issue. Can't delete and or ignore mq:it tags. Aug 18, 2020

Hi everyone,

I am also experiencing the same issue. My client has requested to send him a clean file. I can't do that without deleting and/or ignoring these messages.

Thanks for your help.

Anna Marava

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP: 02007 error: Tag "mq:it" is not defined in the document's configuration

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »