Michael Kazakov
Michael Kazakov  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 19:20
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 22, 2014

Hi all,

I am currently evaluating MemoQ 2014 Pro and there is one feature I personally find missing.

Is there a way to display the actual number of words in the bottom row where the program display the project progress?
Other words, assuming I am working on a single document project, to get the program display "100/1000" instead of "P:10%, D:10%")? Meaning I translated 100 words in a 1000 words document?

I personally find this %TranslatedWords/%TotalW
... See more
Hi all,

I am currently evaluating MemoQ 2014 Pro and there is one feature I personally find missing.

Is there a way to display the actual number of words in the bottom row where the program display the project progress?
Other words, assuming I am working on a single document project, to get the program display "100/1000" instead of "P:10%, D:10%")? Meaning I translated 100 words in a 1000 words document?

I personally find this %TranslatedWords/%TotalWords approach much more useful when for example I have a project where I need to translate certain number of words per day. When / if I see something like "100/1000" it quickly shows me exactly what I need and if I want more detailed analysis I can alway run the statistics.

Right now the only way to see the number of words is to run the statistics (at least the only way I know).

Is there something in the settings that will allow me to display the actual number of the translated words in that bottom status bar?
Collapse

Juan Carlos Sánchez López
Juan Carlos Sánchez López
Local time: 18:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not bad Sep 22, 2014

As far as I know, there is no wat to do it. I think it would be indeed a good idea, but only if you can configure it and hide it as well. Some times it can be very stressful to see how slow you are going...

Regards
JC

Carolina Dagli
Carolina Dagli  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:20
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Here's how to do it Dec 3, 2014

Hi Michael,

I was searching how to do it as well and I found your topic. I accidentally found out and I would like to share with you (even though it has been some time since you've asked):

- Go to "Project home" and select the file you are translating
- Right-click the file and select "Statistics"
- Check the case "Show counts" and then "Status report"

You can have the number of segments/words/characters you have translated so far ("Translator c
... See more
Hi Michael,

I was searching how to do it as well and I found your topic. I accidentally found out and I would like to share with you (even though it has been some time since you've asked):

- Go to "Project home" and select the file you are translating
- Right-click the file and select "Statistics"
- Check the case "Show counts" and then "Status report"

You can have the number of segments/words/characters you have translated so far ("Translator confirmed").

I hope it helped!
Collapse

Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:20
English to Spanish
using the Statistics feature on memoQ Jan 25, 2019

I get the screen shown below when using the Statistics feature on memoQ.

How many words remain to be translated according to this :

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 2014 Pro: displaying the actual number of words in the bottom status bar

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »