Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:05
English to French
+ ...
May 19, 2016

Hello,

I'm having a headache with MemoQ reopen the memories of a problematic project.

Is it possible to convert the MTX to TMX or the exported bilingual xmls into TMX ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Mohamed

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:05
English to Russian
For any bilingual files May 20, 2016

You can create an empty TM and assign it to your biligual files. Then, confirm all and export your TM into tmx.

UPD: If you have hundred files, you can merge ('Simply glue...') them into one file with 'Create view' and then confirm all.

[Edited at 2016-05-20 20:52 GMT]

yanadeni (X)
yanadeni (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:05
French to Russian
+ ...
MTX to TMX without MemoQ Jul 14, 2016

Is there a way to convert MTX to TMX without having MemoQ on the computer?
I want to be able to search inside my TMs using a search agent, and it doesn't seem to read MTX.

Thank you

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
try this: Jul 14, 2016

Mohamed Mehenoun wrote:

Hello,

I'm having a headache with MemoQ reopen the memories of a problematic project.

Is it possible to convert the MTX to TMX or the exported bilingual xmls into TMX ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Mohamed

Create a fresh project, go to Project home > Translation memories > "Register local" (either using the button up above or via right-click).

Then navigate to the folder containing the .mtx files. In this same folder, you will find a .mtm file. Select this file, and the entire TM will be registered for use. Unless, that is, there is also sth wrong with the TM.

Michael

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I doubt it Jul 14, 2016

yanadeni wrote:

Is there a way to convert MTX to TMX without having MemoQ on the computer?
I want to be able to search inside my TMs using a search agent, and it doesn't seem to read MTX.

Thank you

I tried opening one in EmEditor (a text editor), and it is a proprietary format.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get your hands on memoQ TMs in .mtx/.mtm format if you don't actually have memoQ?

Michael

Caroline Rösler
Caroline Rösler  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 21:05
English to German
+ ...
Thank you so much. You made my day. Jan 29, 2019

Michael Beijer wrote:

Then navigate to the folder containing the .mtx files. In this same folder, you will find a .mtm file. Select this file, and the entire TM will be registered for use. Unless, that is, there is also sth wrong with the TM.

Michael

Thank you! I just did not know that I was trying to open the wrong file (format)...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MTX - MTM files MemoQ to TMX

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »