Thread poster: Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Aug 17, 2016

Is there any possible way to disperse the panes on a second display? Or on different parts of the screen?
I am using 2 monitors and I want to keep translation pane on the first screen and move all other panes to second screen.

Thanks in advance,

M. Ali

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:40
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Other than the preview... Aug 17, 2016

...I do not think it is possible. However, it would be a good idea to email Kilgray about this, as it would be very welcome! I encourage you to suggest this improvement.

Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:40
Italian to English
+ ...
you can just spread the window over two screens Aug 17, 2016

I have spread the memoQ window across two screens at times when I have had projects with huge amounts of long hits, but it is a little excessive for most needs I would have thought!
My normal configuration of the memoQ interface on one screen and browsers etc on the other is usually more than ample.

MollyRose

Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 18, 2016

Thanks Anthony and Tomás for the shared suggestions.
Much appreciated.

Best,

M. Ali

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
spread across the screens Jun 15, 2018

Thanks, Anthony! This is a huge help. I just dragged, resizing, so the editor part went over to the left screen. Then I resized some more so that the translation results section is all on the right. I also moved the preview to the lower right. Now I can see what I am doing! I couldn´t find an answer anywhere else, so I appreciate this.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:40
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Although it's not very intuitive, it is definitely possible to undock the Translation results pane! Oct 19, 2021

First, make sure the View pane is open. It will usually open as a tab in the Translation results pane, which is what we want.
This is where the magic starts. You can now undock the Translation results pane and drag it to your other screen!

By the way, once the Translation results pane is on your other screen, you can then choose to leave the View pane on your first screen, or move it to the other one as well.

See:<
... See more
First, make sure the View pane is open. It will usually open as a tab in the Translation results pane, which is what we want.
This is where the magic starts. You can now undock the Translation results pane and drag it to your other screen!

By the way, once the Translation results pane is on your other screen, you can then choose to leave the View pane on your first screen, or move it to the other one as well.

See:

https://groups.io/g/memoQ/topic/can_the_translation_results/86334577
https://ideas.memoq.com/ideas/PUBL-I-280
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dispersing the panes

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »