How do I export a clean version in MemoQ 8.1?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 12:08
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 4, 2018

I chose the option Export (stored path), but in the end didn't get any option to select where to save the exported file to. So I don't know where it was saved. I need a monolingual file (XLSX) of my translation, shouldn't I choose this option Export (stored path)? And how do I know where it is saved?

Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
saved path means no option Apr 4, 2018

My advice to you would be to choose Export (Dialog), so that you can choose where to put the file.
You can choose the Stored path as set out in https://help.memoq.com/2015-100/en-full/index.html?project_home.html

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Export (stored path) goes to the source Apr 4, 2018

The Export (stored path) option smashes your original file with the translated one. If you want to keep that file, use Export (dialog) as the colleague suggests. You can in that case choose where to save the target file (in old Tradosian terms, "clean file").

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:08
Danish to English
+ ...
No smashing here Apr 4, 2018

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT wrote:

The Export (stored path) option smashes your original file with the translated one.

My MemoQ doesn't. It appends _XX to represent the language translated into to the file name.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:08
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Export path settings Apr 4, 2018

You need to set your export path settings. They are under Export > Change export path. I have mine set to append -xx-yy (where xx is the target language and yy is the variant) to the file name and then to save to the same folder as the source document. These are settings you can adjust to your liking. Once set, hitting the export button or using Export (stored path) will save the target document according to the settings.

You can always set the export manually by using Export (dialo
... See more
You need to set your export path settings. They are under Export > Change export path. I have mine set to append -xx-yy (where xx is the target language and yy is the variant) to the file name and then to save to the same folder as the source document. These are settings you can adjust to your liking. Once set, hitting the export button or using Export (stored path) will save the target document according to the settings.

You can always set the export manually by using Export (dialog). I have a couple of clients who have a specific requirement for naming the target file, so by using the Export (dialog) option their special requirement can be met manually.

[Edited at 2018-04-04 20:17 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I export a clean version in MemoQ 8.1?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »