Thread poster: Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:26
Spanish to French
+ ...
May 28, 2018

I'm trying to configure this function in EN-FR-SP.

For EN-FR, I've got four sites working ok out of 8. I know my version of Memoq is not the latest (2014-Edition 7.0.76).
However, I'm still surprised at the number of unworking links: IATE, Larousse EN-FR, TAUS.

Is it the same on your side? Or did Memoq just put in a whole load of useless website addresses?

And then the test phrase: "linear regression". Is that a common disease in Hungary?

... See more
I'm trying to configure this function in EN-FR-SP.

For EN-FR, I've got four sites working ok out of 8. I know my version of Memoq is not the latest (2014-Edition 7.0.76).
However, I'm still surprised at the number of unworking links: IATE, Larousse EN-FR, TAUS.

Is it the same on your side? Or did Memoq just put in a whole load of useless website addresses?

And then the test phrase: "linear regression". Is that a common disease in Hungary?

I'm trying to find updated info. Thank you for your help!
Collapse

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 20:26
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Links change May 28, 2018

Most links are broken in memoQ 2015, as well. Link structures change and it is beyond Kilgray's control.

You can visit the sites you need, copy the updated URLs and paste them into memoQ's Web Search settings. Not guaranteed to work every time, since some sites need some query data to be submitted via POST (which is not visible in the URL).

You'd better contact Kilgray's Support, if you have an active license.

As for "linear regresssion", I am not quite su
... See more
Most links are broken in memoQ 2015, as well. Link structures change and it is beyond Kilgray's control.

You can visit the sites you need, copy the updated URLs and paste them into memoQ's Web Search settings. Not guaranteed to work every time, since some sites need some query data to be submitted via POST (which is not visible in the URL).

You'd better contact Kilgray's Support, if you have an active license.

As for "linear regresssion", I am not quite sure what you mean. It is not a medical term. It is a term in Algebra.

[Edited at 2018-05-28 17:10 GMT]
Collapse

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:26
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanx Epameinondas May 28, 2018

copy the updated URLs...hehehe...if only, it was that easy!

if you have an active license.......not anymoooooooooore!

Do you have yours working though?

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 20:26
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Partial success May 28, 2018

I had success with some sites, but not with others. I stopped using Web Search altogether, as it has not been implemented nicely and it has been abandoned. I prefer to do my searches in a full-fledged web browser. It's just a matter of organizing your bookmarks and having plenty of resources.

I hope memoQ 9 changes the current situation. Till then, I'll avoid memoQ as much as I can.

[Edited at 2018-05-28 17:20 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Web search configuration

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »