"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" when creating a new project in memoQ 8.3
Thread poster: Andrey Slyadnev
Andrey Slyadnev
Andrey Slyadnev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:47
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 16, 2019

Hello! I am having a problem with memoQ 8.3 When I try to create a new project it throws
an error "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". I copied a full description of the error below.

Is there any way to fix it? Your tips or ideas would be much appreciated.

TYPE:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

SOURCE:
mscorlib
<
... See more
Hello! I am having a problem with memoQ 8.3 When I try to create a new project it throws
an error "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". I copied a full description of the error below.

Is there any way to fix it? Your tips or ideas would be much appreciated.

TYPE:

SOURCE:
mscorlib

CALL STACK:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Helpers.WeakAction.Execute()
at GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Command.RelayCommand.Execute(Object parameter)
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
------------------ Inner exception ------------------

TYPE:

SOURCE:
mscorlib

CALL STACK:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Kilgray.Utils.ConstructionHelper.ConstructObject(Type myType, Type[] argumentTypes, Object[] args)
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.DocTypeManager.createDocument(Type documentType)
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.DocTypeManager.CreateDocument(Type documentType, String defaultName, IDocumentEnvironment documentEnvironment)
at MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp.NewProjectWithResult(Boolean fromTemplate, String[] filesToImport, ProjectCreateFormContext context)
------------------ Inner exception ------------------

TYPE:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Отказано в доступе по пути "C:\Users\pacerkovskiy_av\Documents".

SOURCE:
mscorlib

CALL STACK:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at MemoQ.TranslationMemory.ProjectTMManager..ctor()
at MemoQ.TranslationMemory.ProjectTMManager.c.b__125_0()
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
at MemoQ.Project.ProjectDocument..ctor()
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:47
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Cancel the new project Jan 16, 2019

I get that occasionally and it seems you have to cancel the new project and start over.

Sometimes the project has been partially created and won't let you start over. Then you have to go to the newly created project folder (by clicking the browse button to the right of the project path) and delete it. Then you should be able to recreate the new project.

Andrey Slyadnev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It seems to be something else Jan 16, 2019

John, thank you for sharing your experience with memoQ issues.
In my case, however, memoQ has been newly installed and activated under my new user account and I am actually trying to create the very first project. My computer is Windows 10. memoQ used to be installed on the same machine but under a different user account, which has been completely deleted. I am thinking of de-installing memoQ and cleaning windows registry just in case there are any broken entries left from the previous co
... See more
John, thank you for sharing your experience with memoQ issues.
In my case, however, memoQ has been newly installed and activated under my new user account and I am actually trying to create the very first project. My computer is Windows 10. memoQ used to be installed on the same machine but under a different user account, which has been completely deleted. I am thinking of de-installing memoQ and cleaning windows registry just in case there are any broken entries left from the previous copy.
Collapse

Andrey Slyadnev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jan 23, 2019

I just wanted to report that cleaning windows registry has really worked. After deleting all memoQ entries from the registry I installed memoQ again and this time it is running without any problems.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" when creating a new project in memoQ 8.3

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »