Local time: 04:17
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Jan 27, 2019

All,

I am using memoQ 7.8.4.
On a recent job, a customer sent me a *.sdlppx file, which I imported using the "Import Package" function. The customer had packaged two *.docx files and a TM.
However, while one of the two *.docx files imported correctly, the other one failed to import. The error message read: '10' is an unexpected token, The expected token is "" or "". Line 1, position 10.
At the time, I didn’t understand what this meant and my customer's project m
... See more
All,

I am using memoQ 7.8.4.
On a recent job, a customer sent me a *.sdlppx file, which I imported using the "Import Package" function. The customer had packaged two *.docx files and a TM.
However, while one of the two *.docx files imported correctly, the other one failed to import. The error message read: '10' is an unexpected token, The expected token is "" or "". Line 1, position 10.
At the time, I didn’t understand what this meant and my customer's project manager didn't know what to do either. As a result, after translating the one *.docx file that imported correctly, I was not able to export a *.sdlrpx package. Instead, the 'Export (stored path)' and 'Export Dialog' options both created a *.docx file.

I have since found this thread (https://bel.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/191768-unexpected_token.html) and have concluded that the 'unexpected token ' error comes from SDL and should have been resolved in the source *.docx file before creating the *.sdlppx. Is this correct?

I probably should have never accepted the job until the PM had fixed this error.

A related question is:
When I used the 'Export Bilingual - option memoQ XLIFF [Plain XLIFF for other tools]' option, MemoQ created a *. mqxliff file, that the PM could not open.
Why is a supposedly 'plain XLIFF for other tools', named *. mqxliff? Could it be converted to a truly 'plain' XLIFF that the PM can open in SDL?

Any comments are highly welcome.

Thank you,

Peter

[Edited at 2019-01-28 12:18 GMT]
Collapse

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 19:17
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
extension .xlf is needed Jan 27, 2019

Peter Zauner wrote:

Could to be converted to a truly 'plain' XLIFF that the PM can open in SDL?

When using 'Export Bilingual - option memoQ XLIFF' save your file with extension .xlf instead of *. mqxliff or change the file extension after the export. Then Studio will be able to open that file.

[Edited at 2019-01-27 13:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'unexpected token ' error during *.sdlppx import

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »