Thread poster: Benjamin Cseko
Benjamin Cseko
Benjamin Cseko
Hungary
Local time: 17:00
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Jun 4, 2019

I am using memoq 4free (no license) for offline projects. Obviously, it is limited to one document per project. However, when I created my last new project, I chose "import with options" when importing a document, which seemed to allow for multiple documents to be imported. I did this, because I wanted the company logo in the header to be imported -- which was dumb, because memoq would have placed the logo in the header anyway, even if I had chosen the one-document, restricted import option. I r... See more
I am using memoq 4free (no license) for offline projects. Obviously, it is limited to one document per project. However, when I created my last new project, I chose "import with options" when importing a document, which seemed to allow for multiple documents to be imported. I did this, because I wanted the company logo in the header to be imported -- which was dumb, because memoq would have placed the logo in the header anyway, even if I had chosen the one-document, restricted import option. I realized I had made a mistake, but it did not allow me to remove the unwanted image file from my list of documents. I did not want to have to create the project again, and I went ahead and did the translation on the word document and ignored the extra image document. When I wanted to export the finished translation, it did not allow me to, and I am not able to, open the project anymore, because it warns me that I am allowed to open only projects that contain only one document. Therefore, I cannot deliver the finished translation project to my client, because I cannot open it, even though I only want the translated word document, and there is only one other, useless image file sitting there in the project besides the one I want. How can I recover my translation from the un-openable memoq project?
Thanks.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoq 4free multiple documents

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »