Thread poster: Giovani Oliveira
Giovani Oliveira
Giovani Oliveira  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:28
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 18, 2019

Just got an external SSD to save all my projects in it.

Was just wondering if it's by any chance possible to copy all my memoq folders, including translation memories into the SSD, and then open it on another computer (in this case, university computer) and have my projects/memoq on the go. As anyone tried this?

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:28
Polish to English
+ ...
MemoQ installed? Sep 19, 2019

I guess you should first ask the university computer admin whether MemoQ is installed. If not, your second question should be: "May I install MemoQ, or will you do it?" If 2x "NO", quit the entire idea.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:28
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Set folder locations Sep 19, 2019

Under Options (gear icon at the top left) > Locations you can set the path to your Project and Resources folders.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening memoq on university computer.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »