Thread poster: Christopher Sedgwick
Christopher Sedgwick
Christopher Sedgwick  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:55
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 2, 2020

Hi all, I've just started using MemoQ so apologies if this is a silly question. I've aligned a file using LiveDocs, confirmed all the links and exported the results to a TM I need for use outside MemoQ. What I'd like to do now is open this aligned document in the regular 'translations' pane, as though it were a finished translation document with the segments all correctly linked. I've had a look through various help topics but I can't seem to find anything, though it feels intuitively like it sh... See more
Hi all, I've just started using MemoQ so apologies if this is a silly question. I've aligned a file using LiveDocs, confirmed all the links and exported the results to a TM I need for use outside MemoQ. What I'd like to do now is open this aligned document in the regular 'translations' pane, as though it were a finished translation document with the segments all correctly linked. I've had a look through various help topics but I can't seem to find anything, though it feels intuitively like it should be a simple process.

The reason I want to do this is so I can quickly add terms to a term base from the 'translations' pane and use the 'update from active segment' functionality to add term context. This doesn't seem to be possible from the LiveDocs alignment screen, though if there's a way to activate it, that would also be a solution to my problem.

I'm running MemoQ 9.0.

Thanks!
Collapse

mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 02:55
English to Russian
+ ...
re Jan 2, 2020

1. export tm into tmx and import tmx as bilingual file in new project.
2. add orig file into new project and pretraslate it with tm made from livedocs.

[Редактировалось 2020-01-02 16:51 GMT]

Christopher Sedgwick

mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 02:55
English to Russian
+ ...
re2 Jan 2, 2020

3. Export aligned pair to xliff and import xliff into another project

Christopher Sedgwick
Christopher Sedgwick  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:55
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 4, 2020

That worked, thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export aligned file into translation view

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »