John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:52
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Jan 10, 2020

I have to work on about 40 slides of a PowerPoint file with hundreds of slides. So I need to import only a certain range of slides into MemoQ. Is there a way to do this?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:52
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mark the slides as hidden Jan 11, 2020

You can mark those slides you do not need as hidden (in PowerPoint, select the slides in the thumnails of the slides on the left hand-side, right-click, choose the Hide option) and then ask memoQ to only import non-hidden slides: import the PowerPoint file with options and, in the options dialog box, disable "Import hidden slides".

Do let us know if you need detailed instructions! I hope this helps.

(If the PPT file already contains hidden slides, note them down before
... See more
You can mark those slides you do not need as hidden (in PowerPoint, select the slides in the thumnails of the slides on the left hand-side, right-click, choose the Hide option) and then ask memoQ to only import non-hidden slides: import the PowerPoint file with options and, in the options dialog box, disable "Import hidden slides".

Do let us know if you need detailed instructions! I hope this helps.

(If the PPT file already contains hidden slides, note them down before hiding the unnecessary slides, since you would need to hide them again after unhiding all the parts you did not want to get into memoQ.)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import only certain PowerPoint slides

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »