Index was outside the bounds of the array (when updating from bilingual review)
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:46
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
May 7, 2020

Hello everyone

I've successfully used bilingual review a few times on non-local projects, but today I can't get the View to update. I keep getting this unhelpful error message, no matter what I try:

memoq outside bounds

Any idea what I can do about this?

Added: I've now gone as far as to recreate the view, export for bilingual review afresh, copy/paste the target column from the one file to the other (same number of segments, etc.), but to no avail. I don't want to spend too much time fixing things that may not have an effect on the problem.

* Would having edited a locked segment cause this?
* Would having a tag (mqInternal) that is e.g. italics in the source but not in the target, cause this?
* Would having text marked as mqInternal in the target but not in the source cause this?
* Would having text marked as mqInternal in the source but not in the target cause this?

I just spent 3 hours checking that all of these things are perfectly the same as the source text, but... still the error. The job's deadline is getting closer and closer...

Samuel

[Edited at 2020-05-07 10:05 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:46
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Possible problem May 7, 2020

Samuel Murray wrote:
I keep getting this unhelpful error message, no matter what I try...

Okay, sorted. It may simply have been that the files were too large or contained too many numbers. When I reduced the View to just a few files at a time, I was able to do the import without a problem. Three files contained over 1000 segments each containing only numbers or only tags. These files still gave me the same error message even if I tried to process them one file at a time. It was only after I checked all pre-translated (number-only, tag-only) segments and confirmed them, and created a View excluding confirmed segments, that I was able to update it.

I wonder what the limit was: the number of segments, or the number of [consecutive] segments containing only numbers or tags.

[Edited at 2020-05-07 10:59 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Index was outside the bounds of the array (when updating from bilingual review)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »