Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Նիդեռլանդներ
Local time: 17:59
Անդամ (2006)
անգլերենից աֆրիկանս
+ ...
May 11

Hello everyone

I have project with around 5000 segments, edited using tracked changes. I checked all the edits, and I accept 99% of them (the 1% that I don't accept, I'll just edit afterwards). Is there a way in MemoQ to "accept all" the tracked changes?

If I go Review > Next, it lights up the "Accept" dropdown list, but the only options on it are Accept This Change and Accept And Move To Next.

Thanks!
Samuel

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Նիդեռլանդներ
Local time: 17:59
Անդամ (2006)
անգլերենից աֆրիկանս
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Quickest method I could find... May 11

Samuel Murray wrote:
Is there a way in MemoQ to "accept all" the tracked changes?

For now, the quickest method I could find was (a) work offline and (b) create a shortcut for "Accept And Move To Next".

To work offline, go to the project and use Documents > Synchronization Behavior > Manual Synchronization. Later, when you've accepted all changes, change this setting back to Auto Save On Server, if you need that to be the setting.

To create a shortcut, go MemoQ > Options > Options > Keyboard Shortcuts > Clone > Okay, then double-click the "Default - copy" ruleset to open the "Customize memoQ shortcuts" dialog. In the search field, type "Accept this change". Click "Accept this change" command under the "Segment editor" category in the list, click the red pencil button, and press the desired shortcut (e.g. Ctrl+/). Then click the green plus icon until it changes back to the red pencil icon (you may need to click it twice). It's also useful to add a shortcut for "Next", e.g. Ctrl+., but be careful, there are more than one command named "Next" in the list.

Then... just hit the shortcut over and over.

[Edited at 2020-05-11 08:30 GMT]

Azman Salleh  Identity Verified
Մալազիա
Local time: 00:59
Անդամ (2010)
անգլերենից մալայերեն
+ ...
Still accept segment by segment Oct 1

Hi Samuel,
good idea, thanks for sharing, but I wonder if there's a click once-for-all type of solution.
I'm still at MemoQ 8.6.

Azman

MollyRose  Identity Verified
Միացյալ Նահանգներ
Local time: 10:59
Անդամ (2010)
անգլերենից իսպաներեն
+ ...
differences with Trados Oct 4

I know that accepting all changes is something we can do in Word, and I don't remember if we could in Trados--it has been over a year since we switched to MemoQ.

But what I miss most about Trados was that when I received a package to review, Trados would show the differences between their translation of a segment and what I already had in my TM. In a MemoQ file, I have to read both and compare them, to see if there are any differences worth dealing with.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to "accept all" tracked changes in 9.1.8

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Բառերի որոնում
  • Պատվերներ
  • Ֆորումներ
  • Multiple search