jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:42
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jul 22, 2020

I have a few questions about the use of MemoQ. My first question is: Suppose you have 1000 segments on a file, and only 10 of these segments have not been confirmed, how would you find these segments quickly?

[Edited at 2020-07-22 02:30 GMT]

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
"Sort" tool Jul 22, 2020

Hi jyuan_us,

You can use the "Sort" tool - just choose the last option "Row status" from the drop-down.

Akiko

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 08:42
Chinese to English
+ ...
Jump to Jul 22, 2020

I have my "jump to" settings as the next unconfirmed segment, so Ctrl-G finds them quickly.

TranslateWithMe
TranslateWithMe
Poland
Local time: 02:42
English to Polish
+ ...
memoq manual Jul 22, 2020

Just check here

https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/go-to-next-segment.html

I guess the option "Not confirmed in any role" would be the best for you

K.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:42
Danish to English
+ ...
Ctrl+Shift+G Jul 22, 2020

Ctrl+Shift+G opens the Go-to menu, where you can choose which types of segments to go to when you confirm.

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:42
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Use the filter Jul 22, 2020

Under Advanced Filters (greenish thingie with red plus sign next to it), select Not confirmed in any role.
MemoQ will now display only the unconfirmed segments.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:42
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Create a view Jul 22, 2020

jyuan_us wrote:
Suppose you have 1000 segments on a file, and only 10 of these segments have not been confirmed, how would you find these segments quickly?

Another way is to create a view. Select all the files in the list, right-click, and select Create view. Name the view (unfortunately MemoQ doesn't suggest a name automatically, which is annoying because you have to click and type "asdf" just to be able to move ahead), and select to include only unconfirmed segments.

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:42
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very helpful Jul 22, 2020

I have checked the ways proposed and they are very helpful. I want to thank everybody for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A couple of questions about MemoQ

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »