Why aren't my changes overwriting the previous translations in the TM but only added?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 11:46
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 4, 2020

Why aren't my changes overwriting the previous translations in the TM but only added?

Instead, I get several different versions for the same segment (previous translations and my last, changed translation).

The textfile is very big, almost 120,000 segments.

Is there any setting I need to change so I don't need to manually delete each erroneous translation?

[Edited at 2020-10-05 11:03 GMT]

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
it allows multiple translations Oct 10, 2020

When creating a TM in MemoQ or Trados, there is a box that you can check, or not, to allow it to keep multiple translations.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:46
English to German
+ ...
Why aren't my changes overwriting the previous translations in the TM but only added? Oct 10, 2020

MollyRose wrote:

When creating a TM in MemoQ or Trados, there is a box that you can check, or not, to allow it to keep multiple translations.

That's correct, but I realized that MQ still does keep multiple translations.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »