In MemoQ 9.3, how do I display the html preview pane beneath the segment area in the editor window?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 14:23
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 10, 2020

In MemoQ 9.3, how do I display the html preview pane beneath the segment area in the editor window?

When I look at the picture of this setup in my customer's instructions document, I don't have the same display. Even though I have the option HTML Preview in the View Pane drop-down. Why?

I'm translating product information on a website, and need to be able to view the information given by the strings in the HTML as I translate each segment.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
In MemoQ 9.3, how do I display the html preview pane Oct 10, 2020

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

When I look at the picture of this setup in my customer's instructions document, I don't have the same display. Even though I have the option HTML Preview in the View Pane drop-down. Why?

I'm translating product information on a website, and need to be able to view the information given by the strings in the HTML as I translate each segment.

Just got to the lower border and pull it up, should work (if HTML preview is activated)

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I get no double-pointing arrow when going to lower border on the left side Oct 10, 2020

I tried now going to the lower border on the left side (beneath the segments), but I don't get any double-pointing arrow displayed.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
In MemoQ 9.3, how do I display the html preview pane Oct 10, 2020

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

I tried now going to the lower border on the left side (beneath the segments), but I don't get any double-pointing arrow displayed.

V 9.3 here too, and at the bottom I have two small windows, one says "View pane" on the left and the other shows the file data (TR: 876, Empty: 70, Pre: 0, etc.). You should have a thick border line above View pane which does show a double arrow (here on my system) and which you can pull up once the double arrow shows up.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:23
Danish to English
+ ...
View tab > click on the View Pane icon Oct 10, 2020

Screenshot 2020-10-10 094944

This part of the UI is neither obvious nor well designed. It's simple once you know it and cryptic when you don't.

Edit: I have added an idea not to hide actions behind icons at the new MemoQ Ideas portal for subscribers at ideas.memoq.com.

[Edited at 2020-10-10 09:15 GMT]

Marina Aleyeva

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Agree, it's not obvious but simple once I found it out Oct 10, 2020

Thanks Thomas, I found it out a while ago before you posted your reply. I simply clicked on the button, didn't get it that it was a button and that the second step after having selected HTML Preview in the drop-down on the View Pane button was to simply click that button. After having done that, the preview area of the HTML coding opened up beneath the segments.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »