Thread poster: Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:15
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Dec 4, 2020

Although I have checked the Consult TM plugins in concordance searches check box I do not get any results (English to Greek) in concordance; I do get TM matches while translating and of course results when I search directly on the site.

memoQ 9.5

[Edited at 2020-12-04 19:25 GMT]

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:15
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I've never gotten that to work Dec 4, 2020

Spiros Doikas wrote:

Although I have checked the Consult TM plugins in concordance searches check box I do not get any results (English to Greek) in concordance; I do get TM matches while translating and of course results when I search directly on the site.

memoQ 9.5

[Edited at 2020-12-04 19:25 GMT]

I don't think I have ever gotten that to work (Dutch-English). Would be cool if it did.

Michael

[Edited at 2020-12-04 19:43 GMT]

Spiros Doikas
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What about pretranslate with mymemory? Dec 4, 2020

Is pretranslate with mymemory possible?

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:15
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I don't think so Dec 4, 2020

Spiros Doikas wrote:

Is pretranslate with mymemory possible?

I think you may be able to do it via a workaround, by using MateCat (https://www.matecat.com/ ).

You pretranslate your project in MateCat, and then go to: https://www.matecat.com/manage
There, you select Export to TMX/xliff

However, I am not sure how much of what appears in the MateCat interface matches ends up in that exported TMX. Might be worth a fiddle.

[Edited at 2020-12-04 19:56 GMT]

Spiros Doikas
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 4, 2020

Although I am quite puzzled, given that MemoQ states:

To have results from the external sources in the Concordance window: Check the Consult TM plugins in concordance searches check box.<
... See more
Although I am quite puzzled, given that MemoQ states:

To have results from the external sources in the Concordance window: Check the Consult TM plugins in concordance searches check box.
https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/options-tm-plugins.html?Highlight=Consult%20TM%20plugins%20in%20concordance%20searches
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MyMemory results in Concordance

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »