Obtain dictionary in TBX or XLSX format
Thread poster: julkhami
julkhami
julkhami
Germany
May 3, 2021

I am a big fan of the Memsoure mobile app so far and I want to try to integrate some kind of dictionary into its termbase so that I can see a wide range of suggested translations for each word. Memsource has machine translation in the app and allows a termbase, but doesn't provide a Multiterm tool or a built-in dictionary like Trados, for example.

My question is, what would be the most standard, easy way to get such a dictionary? It does not seem so far like there is any clear one-s
... See more
I am a big fan of the Memsoure mobile app so far and I want to try to integrate some kind of dictionary into its termbase so that I can see a wide range of suggested translations for each word. Memsource has machine translation in the app and allows a termbase, but doesn't provide a Multiterm tool or a built-in dictionary like Trados, for example.

My question is, what would be the most standard, easy way to get such a dictionary? It does not seem so far like there is any clear one-stop shop for all your electronic dictionary needs. There might be some open source projects like free-dict, but I don't know if the dictionaries are that extensive. Linguee is a cool modern tool, but it's not easy to download as a TBX file, even if it may ultimately be possible.

The only thing I can think of is trying to export a Trados Multiterm termbase as a TBX file and upload it into Memsource. I don't know if this will work, but I'll try it.

If not that, does anyone have a suggestiong for an easiest, best way to get a really ample, deep dictionary as a TBX file? (In my case, Swedish -> English.)

Thanks very much,
Julius
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Obtain dictionary in TBX or XLSX format

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »