Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:53
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
May 31, 2012

Dear Slovenian colleagues,

My family is finally going to Slovenia. Do you recommend us any special traject, venues or events in August?

Thank you for your answers, bye for now.

S P Willcock (X)
S P Willcock (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:53
German to English
+ ...
European City of Culture May 31, 2012

worth noting that the country's second city, Maribor, is European City of Culture this year - I translated a volume of short stories for the occasion. if your family are looking for concerts, theatre, art events and suchlike, tere will certainly be something there for them.

otherwise, I really recommend Novo Mesto to foreign visitors - beautiful in an unspectacular way, small enough to be calm but big enough to have an excellent archaeological collection at the Dolenjski Muzej. las
... See more
worth noting that the country's second city, Maribor, is European City of Culture this year - I translated a volume of short stories for the occasion. if your family are looking for concerts, theatre, art events and suchlike, tere will certainly be something there for them.

otherwise, I really recommend Novo Mesto to foreign visitors - beautiful in an unspectacular way, small enough to be calm but big enough to have an excellent archaeological collection at the Dolenjski Muzej. last century there used to be a very good, very well-priced restaurant attached to the secondary vocational school for catering and cookery, but I have no idea if it is still going.
Collapse

Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren
Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you S P Willcocks Jun 8, 2012

Dear S P,

I have just started to compile information about Slovenia and it really looks and sounds more than just good.

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and good day!

Binnur

Saša Horvat Šimonka
Saša Horvat Šimonka  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2010)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
apart from the most popular sites... Jun 8, 2012

that you will find in any tourist guide book, don't miss the Pomurje region if you are fan of great wine, food and spas. Can be very relaxing and easy going time!

Feel free to contact me at sasha.horvat(at)gmail.com if you need any additional info

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Slovenia

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »