Thread poster: smarinella
smarinella
smarinella  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:41
German to Italian
+ ...
Apr 4, 2013

If there is a colleague from Edinburgh, I' like to ask him/her something.

I'm flying to Edinburgh on April 17, because I have to consult an old book in the National Library of Scotland. I'd like to find a B&B or another cheap accomodation (I have only a small budget) close to the Library, so that I can spend the whole day there.

Can anybody help me? It would be nice to meet a prozian colleague, too, before going back to Rome. I have never be there before.

T
... See more
If there is a colleague from Edinburgh, I' like to ask him/her something.

I'm flying to Edinburgh on April 17, because I have to consult an old book in the National Library of Scotland. I'd like to find a B&B or another cheap accomodation (I have only a small budget) close to the Library, so that I can spend the whole day there.

Can anybody help me? It would be nice to meet a prozian colleague, too, before going back to Rome. I have never be there before.

Thanks a lot in advance for suggestions!
Collapse

Fiona Grace Peterson
Fiona Grace Peterson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Accommodation heaven Apr 4, 2013

I'm from Edinburgh.. don't live there any more though! (sadly)

The great thing about Edinburgh is that there is a ton of accommodation, to suit every budget. The NLS is on George IV Bridge, just off the High Street in the very centre of the city.

There are backpackers' hostels (one in Victoria Street, just 5-10mins walk away) but I wouldn't really recommend it unless you want something pretty spartan. There are literally hundreds of B&Bs, also the various accommodation
... See more
I'm from Edinburgh.. don't live there any more though! (sadly)

The great thing about Edinburgh is that there is a ton of accommodation, to suit every budget. The NLS is on George IV Bridge, just off the High Street in the very centre of the city.

There are backpackers' hostels (one in Victoria Street, just 5-10mins walk away) but I wouldn't really recommend it unless you want something pretty spartan. There are literally hundreds of B&Bs, also the various accommodation chains like Travelodge, so really the world is your oyster.

Edinburgh has a very efficient bus service, also the centre is reasonably small and easily got around on foot.

I envy you going to Edinburgh, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.
Please feel free to contact me privately if you want more info, or here on the thread.
Collapse

Emma Grubb
Emma Grubb  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:41
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
One option: Apr 5, 2013

I would recommend the following:

Edinburgh Central Travelodge
33 St. Mary's Street
Edinburgh
EH1 1TA

Currently available for £35.00 for the night of 17 April (book online).

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/205/Edinburgh-Central-hotel

It's within easy walking distance of both the library and the train st
... See more
I would recommend the following:

Edinburgh Central Travelodge
33 St. Mary's Street
Edinburgh
EH1 1TA

Currently available for £35.00 for the night of 17 April (book online).

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/205/Edinburgh-Central-hotel

It's within easy walking distance of both the library and the train station/city centre (for buses to/from the airport).
Collapse

smarinella
smarinella  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
many thanks! Apr 11, 2013

I'd like to say thanks you to both colleagues for the suggestions. I booked yesterday a room in the Travellodge, which unfortunately was more expensive than € 35,- but it doesn't matter. I had a flue and couldn't do it immediately...

Emma, if you have time for a cup of coffee (or beer), it will be a pleasure. I'll stay in town from Wednesday to Sunday morning.

I do hope I'll have a couple of hours free in order to take a walk in the old town...

Again,
... See more
I'd like to say thanks you to both colleagues for the suggestions. I booked yesterday a room in the Travellodge, which unfortunately was more expensive than € 35,- but it doesn't matter. I had a flue and couldn't do it immediately...

Emma, if you have time for a cup of coffee (or beer), it will be a pleasure. I'll stay in town from Wednesday to Sunday morning.

I do hope I'll have a couple of hours free in order to take a walk in the old town...

Again, many thanks to you both
Collapse

Emma Grubb
Emma Grubb  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:41
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
... Apr 11, 2013

Glad you managed to book the hotel.

I love the idea of meeting up for a coffee (or more particularly a beer!) but unfortunately I will be away on a short vacation with my family while you are here. I'm expecting a baby in a few weeks and this will be our last chance for a little relaxation before the newborn arrives!

I hope you have a lot of fun during your visit. Edinburgh is a wonderful city.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is anybody from Edinburgh?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »