Off topic: Recommend me a game I'd like!
Thread poster: Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:28
German to English
+ ...
Jun 12, 2013

Any (smartphone) games/puzzles I play tend to be not about speed/fantasy/destruction, but about logic (e.g. sudoku, kakuro, trainyard, flow...).

There's no accounting for humour, or taste. This had me in stitches:
http://9gag.com/gag/16150

Are there any like-minded people out there? Any other games/apps you could recommend (to kill time at airports etc.)?

Anyone?... See more
Any (smartphone) games/puzzles I play tend to be not about speed/fantasy/destruction, but about logic (e.g. sudoku, kakuro, trainyard, flow...).

There's no accounting for humour, or taste. This had me in stitches:
http://9gag.com/gag/16150

Are there any like-minded people out there? Any other games/apps you could recommend (to kill time at airports etc.)?

Anyone?
Thanks, C
Collapse

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
I've got a shooter that's named just Shooter Jun 23, 2013

And it isn't that bad, actually. I'm sort of looking forward to play the Lord of the Rings city sim, but I'm never really getting around to it. Plus, I think pinballs are good games for touch screens in terms of control.

OOT: There are guys who play Starcraft 2 with a touchpad...

Phil Hand
Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 16:28
Chinese to English
If you like word games Jun 24, 2013

There's a nice one called Letterpress, where you're actually playing a match against someone, rather than just puzzling on your own.

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Words with friends Jun 24, 2013

Phil Hand wrote:

There's a nice one called Letterpress, where you're actually playing a match against someone, rather than just puzzling on your own.

Another similar game on facebook and smartphones is words with friends. None of my friends will play with me anymore. They said that being a translator is cheating. I disagree, I can only use words in English which drastically cuts my vocabulary.

Suzan Hamer
Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English
+ ...
Don't know if this is available for phones, but Jun 24, 2013

this is a great time waster... http://www.flashbynight.com/drench/

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry and thanks. Jun 24, 2013

When I started this thread a few weeks ago I was quickly censored and informed by the forum moderator that it was not in keeping with site policy, even on off-topic threads. So please do not participate further. I certainly won't.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recommend me a game I'd like!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »