Anna Wiman
Anna Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 20:08
German to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 21, 2013

Hello everybody,

today is Midsummer Eve in Sweden. We're then supposed to be merry and lively. Laughter is also part of the celebration. AND: I got my fair share this morning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIM2OyNgqOk

Merry Midsummer and happy translating to you all!

[Edited at 2013-06-21 07:59 GMT]

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:08
French to English
ripping good time! Jun 21, 2013

It's lovely to see joy in simple things like ripping paper.

When I think how my sister in law would stop her kids from doing it to the junk mail in case they couldn't tell the difference between that and her holy bible...

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:38
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Yes mirth is always welcome Jun 21, 2013

Here is what happened today which cheered us all up considerably.

My younger daughter (who is eleven) has to leave home for school before 8 am, which means she has to get up by 7 am. The task of waking her up is a major chore, with the unwritten rule that it should only be done by her mother. From my daughter's point of view there is much sense in this, for I, worrying that she might get late for school, usually force her out of bed a good ten minutes before the stipulated time, whi
... See more
Here is what happened today which cheered us all up considerably.

My younger daughter (who is eleven) has to leave home for school before 8 am, which means she has to get up by 7 am. The task of waking her up is a major chore, with the unwritten rule that it should only be done by her mother. From my daughter's point of view there is much sense in this, for I, worrying that she might get late for school, usually force her out of bed a good ten minutes before the stipulated time, which greatly annoys her, as it deprives her of ten minutes of cosy morning sleep, while her mother allows her to sleep till the last moment.

Today, my wife being busy in the kitchen, delegated the task to me, and when I went to wake my daughter up, she gave me one look with a half-open sleepy eye and recognizing who it is, promptly went back to sleep mumbling something which I deciphered with a bit of effort as "go and get it in writing from mother that I should now get up!"

We all had a good laugh at this spontaneous, sleepy, irritated retort, which was mightily welcome because we have been having gloomy, cloudy weather for the past several days. The monsoon has set in in earnest in Mumbai and we are having rains every day.

[2013-06-21 14:41 GMT पर संपादन हुआ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Laughter is always welcome

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »