LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:31
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Aug 19, 2013

http://www.census.gov/hhes/socdemo/language/data/language_map.html

I found this interesting - based on the 2011 American Community Survey data, the US Census Bureau has published mapping data of the concentrations of speakers of various languages, with a breakdown of overall speakers of the language and those who identify their English as "less than very goo
... See more
http://www.census.gov/hhes/socdemo/language/data/language_map.html

I found this interesting - based on the 2011 American Community Survey data, the US Census Bureau has published mapping data of the concentrations of speakers of various languages, with a breakdown of overall speakers of the language and those who identify their English as "less than very good".

Closing the explanatory pop-up that appears in the middle will allow you to proceed to selecting the desired language and level. You can zoom in and out and adjust the map background as desired.
Collapse

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
Neat Aug 19, 2013

Thus making the US the second largest Spanish speaking country in the world, second only to Mexico in number of native Spanish speakers.

So do I live in my source or target language country?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

US Census Bureau Language Mapper tool

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »