Thread poster: Ma.Elena Carrión de Medina
Ma.Elena Carrión de Medina
Ma.Elena Carrión de Medina  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 00:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 1, 2014

Like nowhere else, ALL in one place, so close... Galapagos, Pacific Coast, Andes, Amazon.

Ecuador is a beautiful place!

I hope you all like this video, -Ecuador´s new international tourism campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4HI7Tcdygg

finnword1
finnword1
United States
Local time: 01:12
English to Finnish
+ ...
even earthquakes Apr 2, 2014

and tsunami

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:12
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
So? Apr 4, 2014

Yes Ecuador is a very beautifull place indeed, I know, because I worked there for 6 years and I also know the Galapagos, but .... why this thread on a forum for translators? A traveling agency looks a better place for it. Since when is Proz a travel site?

[Edited at 2014-04-04 21:34 GMT]

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:12
English to Spanish
Please let's not do that Apr 5, 2014

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Yes Ecuador is a very beautifull place indeed, I know, because I worked there for 6 years and I also know the Galapagos, but .... why this thread on a forum for translators? A traveling agency looks a better place for it. Since when is Proz a travel site?

[Edited at 2014-04-04 21:34 GMT]

I agree with Robert's statement.

I too found the original post a little odd.

Also, if everyone will start using the ProZ forums to announce to the world how beautiful, wonderful, special and idyllic his/her country is, these forums will end up being uninteresting.

TranslateThis
TranslateThis  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Lighten up! Apr 5, 2014

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. This isn't TripAdvisor, but at the same time, isn't this an off-topic forum? We often discuss music, food, fitness, gardening, pets, hotels in foreign countries, you name it.

I for one have always enjoyed posts about beautiful, exotic and interesting places, especially when they come from translators (a lot more than the information from travel agencies!). There used to be a lot more posts with links and pictures here on proz.com. I
... See more
Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. This isn't TripAdvisor, but at the same time, isn't this an off-topic forum? We often discuss music, food, fitness, gardening, pets, hotels in foreign countries, you name it.

I for one have always enjoyed posts about beautiful, exotic and interesting places, especially when they come from translators (a lot more than the information from travel agencies!). There used to be a lot more posts with links and pictures here on proz.com. I remember that there was a very interesting thread about Latin America a few years ago.

I also love meeting fellow translators when I travel and usually contact other Prozians about places they recommend visiting in their countries, etc. BTW, I will be in Cuenca in a couple of weeks. Elena, it would be wonderful if we could get together!

Just in case someone is interested and needs a break from translating, here are some great pictures I found when planning my trip:
http://www.mindstormphoto.com/sets/ecuador_churches_2012/
http://froggi.smugmug.com/2013Visiting/Ecuador/Cuenca-the-local-sights/28967743_C8Qnjg
http://www.mindstormphoto.com/sets/ecuador_2012/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_UgcBD3vxgs Sunset in Baños
Collapse

modakku
modakku
India
Amazing place. Apr 21, 2014

So far i was browsing on scenic places of Ecuador.
What a place it is. I have planned my next vacation there.

Ma.Elena Carrión de Medina
Ma.Elena Carrión de Medina  Identity Verified
Ecuador
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 23, 2014

Thanks to all who have replied to this post.

It is true it has nothing to do with translation -that´s why it´s in the Off-topic thread- but I felt like it would be something to give our minds a short relaxing time.
I always relax and rejoice when I see beautiful escenarios that make feel a sense of peacefulness.

And I am glad I posted this, because now I will have the chance to meet Karolina (from one of the posts), and I am excited about it!

Hope y
... See more
Thanks to all who have replied to this post.

It is true it has nothing to do with translation -that´s why it´s in the Off-topic thread- but I felt like it would be something to give our minds a short relaxing time.
I always relax and rejoice when I see beautiful escenarios that make feel a sense of peacefulness.

And I am glad I posted this, because now I will have the chance to meet Karolina (from one of the posts), and I am excited about it!

Hope you all have a wonderful day/night!
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Still..... Apr 23, 2014

I am very happy for everybody who loves this thread, and even made/meet friends because of it. We live on a beautifull planet, and every opportunity to express it, has to be used, but......... (and here my "Still...), is this the right forum for it?

I agree, Ecuador is beautifull and I love it, but I also have a favorite supermarket. Shall I start a thread about it on this forum (even off topic)?

All I want to say: "good for you, but find another platform, sorry".
... See more
I am very happy for everybody who loves this thread, and even made/meet friends because of it. We live on a beautifull planet, and every opportunity to express it, has to be used, but......... (and here my "Still...), is this the right forum for it?

I agree, Ecuador is beautifull and I love it, but I also have a favorite supermarket. Shall I start a thread about it on this forum (even off topic)?

All I want to say: "good for you, but find another platform, sorry".

Rob
Collapse

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Off topic means just that surely? Apr 24, 2014

Of course you can look up Ecuador on TripAdvisor.

But if you know that there's a fellow Prozian there who's interested in meeting other translators, and who knows the ropes for visitors to Ecuador, then that's all the more interesting.

A recommendation from a like-minded person is far more valuable than a recommendation from Joe Bloggs or joe_bloggs_in_equador

George Hopkins
George Hopkins
Swedish to English
Languages Apr 25, 2014

Yes, let's stick to languages.

In Sweden most people speak Swedish, ie, ärans och hjältarnas språk.
Which means 'the language of honour and heroes'.

There we have it in a nutshell.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

All you need is Ecuador!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »