Thread poster: UX_EasyTranslat
UX_EasyTranslat
UX_EasyTranslat
Denmark
Member (1970)
Apr 12, 2019

Hi everyone.
I hope it's okay I post this here.

I work as a UX designer at EasyTranslate where my next project is to design a new platform for translators. To design the best experience I need to understand how everyday life look like when you're a translator. And this is where you come into the picture.
I need your help to understand things like; what is amazing and frustrating about being a translator,
... See more
Hi everyone.
I hope it's okay I post this here.

I work as a UX designer at EasyTranslate where my next project is to design a new platform for translators. To design the best experience I need to understand how everyday life look like when you're a translator. And this is where you come into the picture.
I need your help to understand things like; what is amazing and frustrating about being a translator, how much coffee you drink during the day, what you wish were different, what tools you prefer and stuff like that. Maybe I am already asking all the wrong questions. You are the experts!

I am looking for all kinds of translators. Those who have several years of experience and those how are just starting the life as a translator. Those who have a degree in translation or a language and those without.

The interviews will be around 30 minutes on Google Hangout.

If you would like to help me understand the life of a translator better you can sign up here.
https://signup.com/go/gqzGQri

I will then contact you to agree on a time for the interview.

Hope you will help me understand your life better.

Best regards
Trine Hansen
UX designer
Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:59
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Yep Apr 15, 2019

UX_EasyTranslat wrote:

Maybe I am already asking all the wrong questions.

Yep.

At first I perked up because I thought you had embarked on a task I have long hoped that someone will take up: developing a serious alternative to Proz.com.

Alas, as I read on, I realised I was mistaken.

Mirko Mainardi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for participants to help improve translation platform

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »