Thread poster: Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 1, 2020

My husband has been offered an opportunity to work in France for 2-3 months next year, in the Grenoble region. Circumstances permitting (e.g. travel restrictions) I am considering joining him. However, I would also need to work and we have a 2-year-old who would therefore need to be in full time (Mon-Fri) childcare (he currently attends nursery in the UK). We would greatly prefer him to be in some form of childcare with other children, as opposed to having a nanny who only cares for him.
<
... See more
My husband has been offered an opportunity to work in France for 2-3 months next year, in the Grenoble region. Circumstances permitting (e.g. travel restrictions) I am considering joining him. However, I would also need to work and we have a 2-year-old who would therefore need to be in full time (Mon-Fri) childcare (he currently attends nursery in the UK). We would greatly prefer him to be in some form of childcare with other children, as opposed to having a nanny who only cares for him.

Having researched the various childcare options available, it is still unclear whether they would be available to us (as non-residents: we will remain UK taxpayers; and for such a short period).

Can anyone offer information or advice about the options and practicalities of such an undertaking?

Many thanks.
Collapse

Veronica Montserrat
Veronica Montserrat
France
Local time: 16:12
Member (2020)
English to French
+ ...
Contact le service petite enfance Sep 1, 2020

Hello,

I think the best way to have an answer and advice would be to contact le Pôle Accueil petite enfance of Grenoble and explain your situation.

Here's the link with phone number and email: https://www.grenoble.fr/888-creches.htm

Best regards.

Victoria Britten
Victoria Britten  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:12
French to English
+ ...
Expat association Sep 1, 2020

Hi Wendy, I can't remember how or when I first heard of this lot but they're a local expat association, thus almost bound to have experience of situations similar to yours and able to offer either specific advice or at least useful contacts: https://openhousegrenoble.com/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice please: short-term full-time childcare options in France

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »