Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Off topic: Solidarity, just another word, or...?
Thread poster: Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 03:49
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Jun 26, 2002

Yes Maya, you surely have a point there.

There are millions in need of help, yet I feel this is very often used as an excuse to do nothing at all (as \'you can\'t help them all\').

Anyway, right now there\'s 641.47 USD in Pooja\'s wallet and about 15 ProZ members have sent me a private e-mail mentioning they\'ll either send something by wire transfer or by normal mail.

About 5 minutes ago I received a great phone call from a ProZ member who\'d
... See more
Yes Maya, you surely have a point there.

There are millions in need of help, yet I feel this is very often used as an excuse to do nothing at all (as \'you can\'t help them all\').

Anyway, right now there\'s 641.47 USD in Pooja\'s wallet and about 15 ProZ members have sent me a private e-mail mentioning they\'ll either send something by wire transfer or by normal mail.

About 5 minutes ago I received a great phone call from a ProZ member who\'d like to contribute by paying \'some months rent\'.

I have sent him/her the full coordinates of Pooja and the bank account details of her mother.

For obvious reasons, I\'m not making this information public (who knows who reads these messages), but if anyone would like to donate something directly, please contact me in private.

Another member, Youp Kila, called me this morning and invites us to an Indian/Indonesian informal ProZ Powwow in Antwerp.

He\'ll prepare a lavish \'rice table buffet\' at his (apparently very spacious)house. More details can be found in the Dutch forum.

In short, reactions are pouring in and I have received mail from allover.

To name but a few: UK, USA, Peru, Kazachstan, Spain, Italy, Argentine, Brazil, The Netherlands, Belgium, Turkey, France, Germany, Poland,...

Looking good, for sure.
[addsig]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Solidarity, just another word, or...?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »