Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Off topic: Perks of being over 40 (NOT YET A CONCERN..... : -) )
Thread poster: Aurora Humarán (X)
Yuri Geifman
Yuri Geifman  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:43
English to Russian
+ ...
All in good fun :-) Jul 18, 2002

Success is a vicious circle

At age 4 success is . . . not peeing in your pants

At age 12 success is . . . having friends

At age 16 success is . . . having a drivers license

At age 20 success is . . . having sex.

At age 35 success is . . . having money.

At age 50 success is . . . having money.

At age 60 success is . . . having sex.

At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.... See more
Success is a vicious circle

At age 4 success is . . . not peeing in your pants

At age 12 success is . . . having friends

At age 16 success is . . . having a drivers license

At age 20 success is . . . having sex.

At age 35 success is . . . having money.

At age 50 success is . . . having money.

At age 60 success is . . . having sex.

At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.

At age 75 success is . . . having friends.

At age 80 success is . . . not peeing in your pants.
Collapse

Bill Greendyk
Bill Greendyk  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks for giving me a laugh, Aurora! Jul 18, 2002

Once again, Aurora has presented us with a real gem, and it made me laugh until I cried. Aurora, your tireless efforts to make this site a better place are unmatched, and we all appreciate you more than you\'ll ever know! Thanks again.

Bill

Carlos Moreno
Carlos Moreno  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 04:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Agree, and agree Jul 18, 2002

I agree with William, and I agree with Yuri.

William: you say taht people like Aurora is a gift to the world. Yes, she is, and we have the great gift of her daily reflexiones, wich I really love.

And Yuri... I am still laughing.... and trying to have money.

Elena Vazquez Fernandez
Elena Vazquez Fernandez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:43
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
ES-TU-PEN-DO Jul 18, 2002

pero... ¿Porqué yo me siento igual? (aquellos que conocen mi edad entenderán la broma)

Respecto a algunos comentarios que he leido en este topic, solo diré que el concepto \"envejecer con dignidad\" ha cobrado un nuevo sentido para mi, ya sé como no quiero envejecer.

Besos a montones guapa.

E.

Ann VDP
Ann VDP
Local time: 11:43
French to Dutch
+ ...
Love your postings Jul 19, 2002

Hi Aurora,

Don\'t let some of these infantile comments get to you! As always, I enjoyed your posting and I immediately copied this one to send it off to my mother (60 by now), who will definitely enjoy this immensely, contrary to some \'old goats\'...

Keep on writing!

You spread words of humanity around the entire world!

Warmest regards

Anneken

... See more
Hi Aurora,

Don\'t let some of these infantile comments get to you! As always, I enjoyed your posting and I immediately copied this one to send it off to my mother (60 by now), who will definitely enjoy this immensely, contrary to some \'old goats\'...

Keep on writing!

You spread words of humanity around the entire world!

Warmest regards

Anneken

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-19 07:24 ]
Collapse

schwensen (X)
schwensen (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:43
Spanish to Danish
+ ...
Humana Aurora Jul 19, 2002

Cada día me esfuerzo un poquito más para ser como tú, querida amiga virtual. Espero que lo haya logrado para mi 40 cumpleaños (dentro de 8 añitos; ya salió! LOL)

Muy bueno éste! Y, de paso, el otro sobre el humor también. Difruté a lo lindo! (Mi ordenador va a explotar por tu culpa, por todo lo que voy guardando...)

Tú sigue! Que aquí somos muchos que necesitamos tus aportaciones, para reír, llorar, reflexionar,... No te atrevas a no comparti
... See more
Cada día me esfuerzo un poquito más para ser como tú, querida amiga virtual. Espero que lo haya logrado para mi 40 cumpleaños (dentro de 8 añitos; ya salió! LOL)

Muy bueno éste! Y, de paso, el otro sobre el humor también. Difruté a lo lindo! (Mi ordenador va a explotar por tu culpa, por todo lo que voy guardando...)

Tú sigue! Que aquí somos muchos que necesitamos tus aportaciones, para reír, llorar, reflexionar,... No te atrevas a no compartir tus pequeñas y grandes perlas con nosotros!

Anna

Collapse

Gustavo Garrido
Gustavo Garrido
Argentina
Local time: 06:43
English to Spanish
¡Aguante la Au! Jul 19, 2002

Estoy de acuerdo con William,Yuri, Elenavaz, Anneken, Cidcampeador, Nitza, Juan, José Luis, Mary, Lorena, Haydée, Guillermina, Carlos y Miguel

Y en especial con Isabelle, cuando dice que \"Bitterness and mean irony are signs of oldness\"

También estoy de acuerdo con las miles de personas con buena onda que saben disfrutar del toque de calidez que le das a este sitio.

¡AGUANTE AURORA! Acordate que el tatento genera envidia. (es una buena señal desp
... See more
Estoy de acuerdo con William,Yuri, Elenavaz, Anneken, Cidcampeador, Nitza, Juan, José Luis, Mary, Lorena, Haydée, Guillermina, Carlos y Miguel

Y en especial con Isabelle, cuando dice que \"Bitterness and mean irony are signs of oldness\"

También estoy de acuerdo con las miles de personas con buena onda que saben disfrutar del toque de calidez que le das a este sitio.

¡AGUANTE AURORA! Acordate que el tatento genera envidia. (es una buena señal después de todo)

\"Ladran Sancho...

PD: Quienes te conocemos sabemos que lo que escribiste es una exageración, una licencia poética, porque vos sos jóven física y espiritualmente. Ser viejo es cuando uno habla desbocadamente para llamar la atención, como otros han hecho. (Abenjacán, el Bojarí...)

Por favor, seguí escribiendo
Collapse

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Since we talk about age...I want to be older and WISER as to not to insult for the heck of it Jul 19, 2002

Being Old Has Its Advantages

No more face lifts and tummy-tucks...just have somebody pull a handful, wad it all in a

bunch behind your back, and tie it off.

Forget driving...at 100+ you\'ve been everywhere, anyway.

At 100, you can insult whoever you want because nobody wants to yell at your for fear

they\'ll give you a heart attack. Never do this with your nurses, however... (No le grites Aurora..déjala ... See more
Being Old Has Its Advantages

No more face lifts and tummy-tucks...just have somebody pull a handful, wad it all in a

bunch behind your back, and tie it off.

Forget driving...at 100+ you\'ve been everywhere, anyway.

At 100, you can insult whoever you want because nobody wants to yell at your for fear

they\'ll give you a heart attack. Never do this with your nurses, however... (No le grites Aurora..déjala

Pretend you can\'t hear and make your visitors scream at the top of their lungs as they describe the weather outside. Watch for others\' reactions.

Make blatantly obscene come-ons to younger members of the opposite sex...they\'ll just

smile awkwardly and dismiss it as senility anyway.

Describe your sponge bath in perfect detail and watch for reactions.

When the art teacher tries to make \"dough-art\" crafts with you, immediately consume the

dough.

Remember, the food on the tray next to you is just as good - if not better - than your

own.

Nurses\' lounges are known for the best lunches and snacks in town. Approach with stealth during bath and recreation time. Forget about napkins...especially with the BBQ rib dinners.

Mumble unintelligible ramblings and stare into space. When the activities director hands you a crayola and paper, write this on it: \"get me some cake\". It usually works the first time only.

Always go to the activities classes...especially if you like cookies and bananas. Remember: a full glass of punch, well placed in elbow\'s reach, can bring excitement to any dull gathering.

Watch the faces of visitors who have to push the wheelchair of a person with a catheter

bag...especially when they accidently kick the bag!

For the young and young-at-heart:...find a convalescent hospital in your area. There will be at LEAST one person who has no family, no friends, no visitors. A visit for even 15 minutes a week will bring a spot of daylight in a very dark, dismal world.

Collapse

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
It is in Spanish...original source Jul 19, 2002

\"OLD\" IS WHEN..... Por hacerte la cirugía por enésima vez ya no podés pestañar de tan tirantes que te quedaron los párpados inferiores, los pómulos te quedaron más arriba de donde la naturaleza te los puso y la sonrisita esa que tenés es realmente artificial porque tampoco podés cerrar los labios después de haber mandado tanta grasa sobrante para atrás de las orejas hasta que te quedaron dos matambres arrollados detrás de cada una.

\"OLD\" IS WHEN..... Por hacerte todas
... See more
\"OLD\" IS WHEN..... Por hacerte la cirugía por enésima vez ya no podés pestañar de tan tirantes que te quedaron los párpados inferiores, los pómulos te quedaron más arriba de donde la naturaleza te los puso y la sonrisita esa que tenés es realmente artificial porque tampoco podés cerrar los labios después de haber mandado tanta grasa sobrante para atrás de las orejas hasta que te quedaron dos matambres arrollados detrás de cada una.

\"OLD\" IS WHEN..... Por hacerte todas esas cirujías en la jeta no te alcanzó la plata como para disimular un cacho y hacerte la cirugía del cuello, que comparándolo con la parte estirada parece uno de tortuga o un papiro egipcio.

\"OLD\" IS WHEN..... No podés llevarte la mano a la cara porque no sólo seguramente esté en el mismo estado que tu cuello, sino también porque debe tener una colección de manchas café con leche que no son precisamente pecas

heredadas de tu abuela.

\"OLD\" IS WHEN..... Las hormonas te hacen cambiar tanto el estado de ánimo que un día dices algo haciéndote la buenita y al otro día ya te olvidaste de que querías ser buenita y otra vez arremetes con tu lengua ponzoñosa que por lo visto con los años (y otras yerbas) se transforma en bífida.

Me han enviado esto y me ha parecido maravilloso.

Como pueden ver, todo depende del cristal con el que se miren las cosas.

Ojalá que yo no llegue a viejo con mala onda...

JL
Collapse

Magno
Magno  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Bertha, you are not alone. Jul 19, 2002

I am with you. You are not the only Non-Argentinian here. I am with you also.

Elena Vazquez Fernandez
Elena Vazquez Fernandez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yo no soy argentina.. Jul 19, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-07-19 09:42, Magno wrote:

I am with you. You are not the only Non-Argentinian here. I am with you also.

Y no creo que esto sea un problema de nacionalidad, ni que el hecho de ser de un lugar o de otro tenga nada que ver con el asunto. No saquemos \"los pies del tiesto\".

Atentamente,

E.

Alexander Medved
Alexander Medved
Ukraine
Local time: 12:43
English to Russian
+ ...
you've made my day!!!! Aurora! Jul 19, 2002

Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional. Let those who feel aged before their time replace their pics here. You are doing well, hon, so far you can make fun of the situation. Goooosh, you\'re soooo goddamn young!!! (all the compliments are only YOURS)

Fiona N�voa
Fiona N�voa
Portugal
Member (2003)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
muerta de risa! Jul 19, 2002

Aurora, me reí tanto con esto! Que no pierdas nunca tu buen humor - ni después de los 40!

Fiona

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
closing the thread Jul 19, 2002

Nice thread, folks, I am closing it only because there were a few inappropriate comments and I don\'t want to give things a chance to snowball.

I have written to the offending parties offline.

As always, when a thread is closed, please do not carry discussion over into new threads. Thanks.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Perks of being over 40 (NOT YET A CONCERN..... : -) )

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »