Off topic: Becoming a translator experiences
Thread poster: Dima Malik
Dima Malik
Dima Malik
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 25, 2002

Hello!

As everyone might not already know my name is Dima and I have been posting all the translations for \"welcome to the foreign language club\". Well, I don\'t want to talk about that subject right now, I\'m just sorry for all the requests

I am getting to the age to go to college and I would love to become a translator. I am already trilingual and would love to know how some translators on this webs
... See more
Hello!

As everyone might not already know my name is Dima and I have been posting all the translations for \"welcome to the foreign language club\". Well, I don\'t want to talk about that subject right now, I\'m just sorry for all the requests

I am getting to the age to go to college and I would love to become a translator. I am already trilingual and would love to know how some translators on this website became translators, how the learned their languages that they translate from, just their whole experience of getting to the place they are right now. Thanks!
Collapse

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 07:23
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
something is wrong Aug 25, 2002

dear dima,

you have mentioned in your proz profile that:

(copyiing)

I\'ve had 17 years of experience revising and proofreading documents in the english language.

However here you are saying that you have reached the age to go to the college.

Do you mean, you have started proofreading right after being born, or, say, at 2 or 3 yrs of age?

Then you are to share your unique translation experience with our community.

Very best wis
... See more
dear dima,

you have mentioned in your proz profile that:

(copyiing)

I\'ve had 17 years of experience revising and proofreading documents in the english language.

However here you are saying that you have reached the age to go to the college.

Do you mean, you have started proofreading right after being born, or, say, at 2 or 3 yrs of age?

Then you are to share your unique translation experience with our community.

Very best wishes,

- your pairs are fantastic -

Collapse

Rafa Lombardino
Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 05:23
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I would really love to know about YOUR experience Aug 26, 2002

Your language pairs are really amazing. How have you learned these languages? If you\'re seventeen and have been working for that long, how was your start? I\'m really looking forward to know about this unique brain of yours! ;o)

Oscar Rompis
Oscar Rompis
United States
Local time: 05:23
English to Indonesian
+ ...
About yourself Aug 27, 2002

Hi Dima:

I just wondered if you are a native Chinese (Mandarin), Indonesian, Malaysian or Singaporean.

Thks.

Dima Malik
Dima Malik
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:) Aug 30, 2002

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-08-31 21:53 ]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Becoming a translator experiences

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »