Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Poll: Have you made, or are you making, plans for your retirement?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 01:09
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
Translating when retired Aug 24, 2019

Mario Freitas wrote:
Therefore, I do not plan on retiring per se. I'll likely work a little less, but I intend to keep working for as long as my health conditions allow it.

I only became a full-time translator recently (at the age of 50), and I think this is the "best thing" in my career change. Yes, I earn less than in my previous career, but the joy of translating + the freedom of being a freelancer makes me think that I will, like Mario, just ignore the age limit and continue translating forever.

As I was commuting to work, coping with 50+ noisy coworkers in a shared office, dealing with the increased management influence over the software developers, I had even been considering early retirement (62). What a change!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you made, or are you making, plans for your retirement?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »