https://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion/341020-poll_how_often_do_you_post_on_social_media-page2.html

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How often do you post on social media?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:29
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Never Feb 7, 2020

I used to post daily on Facebook, but I finally woke up to the fact that it was a complete waste of time. I also used to post on Twitter and stopped for the same reason. It's mind-numbing. I've been Facebook- and Twitter-free for about three years and would never go back. There are so many other better things to do with one's life.

[Edited at 2020-02-07 07:44 GMT]

Tom in London

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:29
Member (2008)
Italian to English
IRC Feb 7, 2020

Muriel Vasconcellos wrote:

I used to post daily on Facebook, but I finally woke up to the fact that it was a complete waste of time. It was also getting too political. I also used to post on Twitter and stopped for the same problem. There are so many other better things one can do with one's time.

Back in the 1990s, years before Twitter was invented, I used to spend time on IRC (Internet Relay Chat). https://royal.pingdom.com/irc-is-dead-long-live-irc/

My preferred application for IRC was called Snak. I believe I still have it somewhere.

IRC was where I learned about trolls and flaming, long before those terms became common usage. Eventually I dropped out because (similarly to what Muriel says about FB and Twitter) it was a complete waste of time, although at the beginning I used to stay up very late into the night, posting posting posting.

So when a slightly younger generation talk about Tweeting and FB as though social media were the latest thing on the block, I just smile knowingly and pityingly. They'll catch up. They only think they're so advanced because they haven't been around long enough to know what we know

[Edited at 2020-02-07 07:53 GMT]

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
It depends Feb 7, 2020

Don't ProZ forums fall under the social media category?

If so, I guess once every (other) day.

Elizabeth Tamblin

IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 00:29
English to Russian
+ ...
Just Google Feb 10, 2020

"Selfies and Mona Lisa".

It's not hot news, been there for quite some time.

Still, Caution: not for faint-hearted. After the first encounter, it takes a while to re-compose yourself and retain a few tiny flakes of hope for humanity... Selfies are done for sharing on social media, right? SM are beginning to fall under the "addiction" category in a medical sense of the word, just like reading/texting and driving.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How often do you post on social media?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »