Poll: So far in 2020, I have:
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Mar 8, 2020

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "So far in 2020, I have:".

View the poll results »

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 05:43
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Increased my number of clients Mar 8, 2020

So far this year, I had 4 new clients (1 in February + 3 in January), of which one has become a repeat customer.

Yolande Hivart
Yolande Hivart
Austria
Local time: 06:43
Member (2016)
German to French
Increased Mar 8, 2020

So far I have kept 4 old of last year and added 3 new.
Still have not covered the fiasco of dumping my main client last year (though I would have hated myself if i didn't). I hope one of the next ones will be my next regular.
I have some promise of work ahead, but workaholic as I am I will not be happy as long as my mail is not flooded every day.

Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
Netherlands
Local time: 06:43
Member (2016)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Increased Mar 8, 2020

Six new clients so far, and 'fired' none But obviously, that doesn't mean I've been working for as many clients this year as in 2019: many of my clients revert infrequently, e.g. once a year, and some of them just needed a Dutch translator once. I haven't been able to secure new recurring clients yet in the current year, but fortunately, the ones of 2019 and earlier keep coming back.

[Edited at 2020-03-08 11:06 GMT]

Aline Amorim
Aline Amorim  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:43
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Increased my number of clients Mar 8, 2020

So far this year, I had 2 new clients in February.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: So far in 2020, I have:

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »