Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you "check in" with clients when they are not actively sending you work?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
YANNICK JOEL Atambona
YANNICK JOEL Atambona
United States
English to French
+ ...
I do sometimes Jun 22, 2020

If I don't have a lot in my hands.
If they have tried to give me some projects to work on and I couldn't handle them because I was busy.
If it's a regular client who constantly have offers. I can call ask if there's any upcoming project.

Marjolein Snippe
Marjolein Snippe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:28
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Not unless I have something to tell them or ask them Jun 22, 2020

I do when I have questions about payment of an invoice or about a previous project.

YANNICK JOEL Atambona

Yolande Hivart
Yolande Hivart
Austria
Member (2016)
German to French
No Jun 23, 2020

I prefer when I receive work from various sources and I don't want a client to think that I only depend on them.

I am a service provider and not an employee or a beggar.

Josephine Cassar

Sylvia Avila Cacho
Sylvia Avila Cacho  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to English
+ ...
It can work Jun 24, 2020

I worked in-house for an agency for a few years and our regular translators would send us emails from time to time saying they were free. Often, we would send work their way afterwards so it worked for them! But I can't speak for all agencies...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you "check in" with clients when they are not actively sending you work?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »