ProZ.com Giving Tuesday 2020

Since its inception in 2012, Giving Tuesday has been celebrated across the globe as a day to give back: whether it be through donations, fundraising, volunteering your time and expertise, or simply by calling others to support a particular cause or initiative.
Pre-register for the Giving Tuesday Networking Meetup!

Click for Full Participation

Poll: How much work did you translate in relation with COVID-19 since the pandemic began?
Շարքի հրապարակողը: ProZ.com Staff

ProZ.com Staff
ԿԱՅՔԻ ԱՆՁՆԱԿԱԶՄԸ
Sep 29

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How much work did you translate in relation with COVID-19 since the pandemic began?".

This poll was originally submitted by Khaled Al-Shehari. View the poll results »

Teresa Borges
Պորտուգալիա
Local time: 18:29
Անդամ (2007)
անգլերենից պորտուգալերեն
+ ...
Less than 40% Sep 29

So far, I’ve translated 25 documents relating to Covid-19, the last one today (a video message). I must say that most of these documents refer more to the ongoing economic crisis caused by Covid-19 than to the pandemic itself.

Chris S
Evelin Freitas

Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Հոնկ Կոնգ
Local time: 02:29
Անդամ
չինարենից անգլերեն
+ ...
Hardly any Sep 29

Maybe a couple of documents a month, but never more than a handful.

Philippe Etienne

Nuno Rosalino
Մեծ Բրիտանիա
Անդամ (2012)
անգլերենից պորտուգալերեն
+ ...
Quite a bit Sep 29

Giving a percentage estimate isn't the easiest, but back when the reality of the disease really started hitting home, it seemed absolutely everyone was putting out statements. During the first couple of months, I had a lot of work coming my way from direct clients for those, but things eventually subsided considerably and I don't think I've had any COVID stuff to translate in the last couple of months.

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Գերմանիա
Local time: 19:29
Անդամ (2016)
անգլերենից գերմաներեն
Less than 10% Sep 29

There should be an option "Less than 10%" or "20%". While many of my end clients are posting Covid related content regularly (telling their customers about special responses to the crisis and so on), the volume of standard, non Covid related content has not changed much and is still more than 90% of my work.

Angie Garbarino
Aisha Maniar
Philippe Etienne

Aline Amorim  Identity Verified
Բրազիլիա
Local time: 16:29
Անդամ (2019)
անգլերենից պորտուգալերեն
+ ...
40% Sep 29

I translate OSMS Medical Supplies Guide translations on the OSMS Website's documents.

Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Իսպանիա
Local time: 19:29
Անդամ (2003)
իսպաներենից անգլերեն
+ ...
A bit Sep 29

I can't give a percentage.

At the start of the quarantine I had a couple of large jobs related to the medical aspect of the pandemic.

Recently I've been translating marketing material for one of the biggest online learning companies in Latin America. Good luck to them.

Tom in London
Մեծ Բրիտանիա
Անդամ (2008)
իտալերենից անգլերեն
None Sep 30

"How much work did you translate in relation TO COVID-19 since the pandemic began?"

None.

Chris S  Identity Verified
Մեծ Բրիտանիա
շվեդերենից անգլերեն
+ ...
Now that you’ve derailed it... Sep 30

Tom in London wrote:
"How much work did you translate in relation TO COVID-19 since the pandemic began?"

Surely, Tom, you mean “How much work HAVE YOU TRANSLATED...”?

Tom in London
Մեծ Բրիտանիա
Անդամ (2008)
իտալերենից անգլերեն
rong Sep 30

Chris S wrote:

Tom in London wrote:

Surely, Tom, you mean “How much work HAVE YOU TRANSLATED...”?

your rong

Chris S

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Այս ֆորումի մոդերատորները
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How much work did you translate in relation with COVID-19 since the pandemic began?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Բառերի որոնում
  • Պատվերներ
  • Ֆորումներ
  • Multiple search