Term not appearing in glossary
Thread poster: dandohotar
dandohotar
dandohotar
Romania
Oct 28, 2020

Hello, fellow translators. I have a question. A long time ago I asked a question about a term, then selected the correct answer and checked the option to enter it into the public glossary. This is the term: https://www.proz.com/kudoz/german-to-romanian/engineering-industrial/6848503-wendeschneidplatte.html
However, if I look it up
... See more
Hello, fellow translators. I have a question. A long time ago I asked a question about a term, then selected the correct answer and checked the option to enter it into the public glossary. This is the term: https://www.proz.com/kudoz/german-to-romanian/engineering-industrial/6848503-wendeschneidplatte.html
However, if I look it up using ProZ term search, it does not appear. Why so?
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 09:41
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I'm not sure... Oct 31, 2020

You're right, the term was added by you to the glossary, but I can see the following messages in your question:

"The asker opted for community grading. The question was closed on 2020-07-24 18:55:35 based on peer agreement (or, if there were too few peer comments, asker preference.)"

And in "Question udated Oct 28th 2020 11:59":

Change log
Jul 21, 2020 13:17: changed "Kudoz queue" from "In queue" to "Public"

Jul 21, 2020 16:20: Andrea Cap
... See more
You're right, the term was added by you to the glossary, but I can see the following messages in your question:

"The asker opted for community grading. The question was closed on 2020-07-24 18:55:35 based on peer agreement (or, if there were too few peer comments, asker preference.)"

And in "Question udated Oct 28th 2020 11:59":

Change log
Jul 21, 2020 13:17: changed "Kudoz queue" from "In queue" to "Public"

Jul 21, 2020 16:20: Andrea Capuselli changed "Vetting" from "Needs Vetting" to "Vet OK"

Oct 28, 2020 11:59: dandohotar Created KOG entry

Could these last changes be the reason? It could take a while to the term be visible for you. I'm not sure.
Collapse

dandohotar

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term not appearing in glossary

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »