Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:03
German to English
+ ...
Dec 15, 2015

For your edification and/or amusement:
Today, for the first time, I have received an email that I strongly suspect has a virus in the attachment, and is in German (all my previous mal-emails have been in English). It appears to be from
"Beauftragter Rechtsanwalt DirectPay AG"
and begins:

Guten Tag,

Ihre Bank hat die Kontoabbuchung zurück gebucht, da Ihr Konto im Moment der Abbuchung nicht ausreichend gedeckt gewesen ist.

As usual with vi
... See more
For your edification and/or amusement:
Today, for the first time, I have received an email that I strongly suspect has a virus in the attachment, and is in German (all my previous mal-emails have been in English). It appears to be from
"Beauftragter Rechtsanwalt DirectPay AG"
and begins:

Guten Tag,

Ihre Bank hat die Kontoabbuchung zurück gebucht, da Ihr Konto im Moment der Abbuchung nicht ausreichend gedeckt gewesen ist.

As usual with virus emails, it doesn't know my name, nor the name of my bank. It claims the bank has cancelled a payment because the balance in my account was too small. The attachment is a file called
15.12.2015 Ihrer Bestellung DirectPay AG.zip
(size in the email 56 kB)

If I ever look at it, that will be tomorrow or later (to allow time for the virus database to be updated), and I'll use an anti-virus program to scan it and tell me what kind of virus is in it.
This email claims to be from "Beauftragter Rechtsanwalt Dennis Jung" and I bet that if there is a lawyer with this name, he knows nothing about this matter (unless other intended victims have informed him).
--- added about 30 minutes later -- :
The 1st IP address in the header is 195.65.180.93 which is in north-east Switzerland - I suppose that is perhaps interesting but not very informative.
(Yes, I've corrected "viirus" to "virus" in the Subject.)

[Edited at 2015-12-15 17:50 GMT]
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Have you seen this? Dec 15, 2015

http://verbraucherschutz.de/spam-mail-angeblich-von-directpay-gmbh/

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It is similar Dec 15, 2015

No I hadn't seen it. It's rather similar to the one sent to me, but not identical. They both mention SCHUFA (credit investigation company), aimed at frightening the recipient of the email.
My aim was to bring it to the attention of Prozians in case it is aimed specifically at translators.
Of course, do NOT reply to it. Examine the attachment ONLY if you know how to do so safely.
Now I've done a Web search and it seems this kind of email, claiming to be from DirectPay AG but in
... See more
No I hadn't seen it. It's rather similar to the one sent to me, but not identical. They both mention SCHUFA (credit investigation company), aimed at frightening the recipient of the email.
My aim was to bring it to the attention of Prozians in case it is aimed specifically at translators.
Of course, do NOT reply to it. Examine the attachment ONLY if you know how to do so safely.
Now I've done a Web search and it seems this kind of email, claiming to be from DirectPay AG but in fact containing a virus or trojan horse in the attachment, started to appear several months ago.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virus-bearing email auf Deutsch

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »