Niv Resheff
Niv Resheff
United States
Local time: 07:04
Hebrew to English
+ ...
Sep 14, 2020

Hello community,

A couple of years ago, when I was just dipping my toes into the translation world, I was contacted by a client requesting me to translate a 60 page academic paper with a short deadline.

Being new to the field, I failed to ask the basic question- how did you find me, who are you and how can I contact you, payment guarantees and so on.
After completing the project in the allotted time, I did all I could to contact the client but to no avail. No com
... See more
Hello community,

A couple of years ago, when I was just dipping my toes into the translation world, I was contacted by a client requesting me to translate a 60 page academic paper with a short deadline.

Being new to the field, I failed to ask the basic question- how did you find me, who are you and how can I contact you, payment guarantees and so on.
After completing the project in the allotted time, I did all I could to contact the client but to no avail. No communication attempts were answered. And searching for them online yielded no useful information.

A few days ago the same person contacted me, asking I translate the same paper!

So, if you are contacted by: '[email protected]'
Requesting a translation of an academic paper titiled: 'Agriculture in Europes Little Divergence'

I highly recommend you keep your distance.

Keep healthy and keep safe,
Niv
Collapse

Vadim Kadyrov
expressisverbis
Robert Forstag

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »